town in New South Wales, Australia
Holbrook is a service town on the Hume Highway in Southern New South Wales best known for the decommissioned submarine that stands next to the highway in the centre of the town.
- 1 Holbrook Submarine Museum, Corner of Albury and Wallace St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10am-4pm. The upper casing of the Royal Australian Navy submarine HMAS Otway has been preserved in a park in Holbrook to commemorate the town's namesake, British World War I submarine hero Lt. Norman Douglas Holbrook VC. The museum includes a recreation of a submarine's control room as well as submarine-related memorabilia. Adults: $6, Pensioners: $4, Students: $3, Family: $10.
- 2 National Museum of Australian Pottery, 76 Albury St (in the main street, in the centre of town), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 9.30am to 4.30pm Thursday to Tuesday, closed Wednesday. Closed in August. The National Museum of Australian Pottery has an extensive collection of 19th and early 20th century Australian domestic pottery from over 120 Australian pottery companies established between European settlement and the end of World War I, (1918). Adults $5 per head, Children under 16 years of age $4 per head.
- Special Exhibitions:The Shards of Thomas Ball, convict potter, c. 1804-1823, until 31 May 2015
- 3 Woolpack Inn Museum, 83 Albury St (in the main street, opposite the National Museum of Australian Pottery), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 9.30am to 4.00pm. The Woolpack Inn Museum is a two story heritage listed historic building. It has 22 rooms showing19th century include bedrooms, dining room, sitting room, kitchen, pantry and laundry, and a number of other rooms filled with historic items. In the grounds is a c. 1872 drop slab school house, a replica of the old Holbrook bakery, a black smith’s shop and a large collection of old machinery, wagons and coaches. $5.00 for adults, $3.00 concessions and $1.00 for children.
- There are some craft stores along the Hume.
There are two bakeries in town.
- 1 Byer Fountain Motor Inn, 164 Albury St, ☏ . Simple budget accommodation with clean rooms and a pool.
|Routes through Holbrook|
|Sydney ← Gundagai ←||N S||→ Albury → Melbourne|