Hornsherred is a mainly rural peninsula between Roskilde Fjord and Ise Fjord. It is part of Frederikssund Municipality and includes the towns of Jægerspris and Skibby.
From south you can enter from the Holbæk motorway. (if you come from Holbæk use the Munkholm bridge) From east (North Sealand or North of Copenhagen) you can use the Frederikssunds brige.
There are ferries from Sølager and Orø.
- 1 Færgegården Museum (Museet Færgegården), Færgelundsvej 1, Jægerspris, ☏ . DKK 25.
- 2 Jægerspris Castle (Jægerspris Slot), Slotsgården 20, Jægerspris, ✉ email@example.com.
- 3 Selsø Castle (Selsø Slot), Selsøvej 30A, Skibby, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Su 11:00-16:00. DKK 50.
- 4 Skuldelev Doll Museum & Toy Collection (Skuldelev Dukkemuseum & Legetøjssamling).
- 1 Walk in Jægerspris Nordskov ("Jægerspris North Forest"). Forest with some very large trees including Denmark's oldest oak (1,500-1,900 years old) which is also one of the oldest living oaks in Europe.
- 2 Svanholm Collective and manor, Svanholm Gods 4A, ☏ . Guided tours on Sundays, but you can visit at other times too. The collective grows its own food. You can buy it in the store and eat it in the cafe. DKK 110 guided tour, free to visit the cafe.
- 1 Cafe Danner, Slotsgården 11, Jægerspris (at Jægerspris Castle), ☏ . Tu-Su 11.00-16.00 (Tu-Fr in the winter). You can have your lunch outside in the courtyard of the castle. Everything is organic.
- 2 Gerlev Kro, Bygaden 4, ☏ .
- 3 Gershøj Kro, Gershøj Havnevej 14, Gershøj (at the harbour), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Seafood, steaks, schnitzels, and salads. Good view of the water. Dinner from DKK 85.
- 4 Kulhuse Kro, Kulhusvej 210, Kulhuse, ☏ . May-Aug We-Fr: 17:30-20:30;Sa 12:00-20:30;Su: 12-16. Traditional Danish food DKK 200 main courses.
- 5 Sønderby Kro, ☏ . Traditional food in 18. century straw-roof inn.