Hospet is a city in Karnataka.
Hospet is an old settlement dating back to the Vijaynagara times when this was called the "hosa pete" (new market). Today it has become a mining hub in the Ballari region. Hospet is also the town nearest to the Hampi/Kishkinda area.
A nearby airport is at Ballari, but it does not have commercial flights.
There is a private airport at JSW Vijaynagar (VDY IATA), Toranagallu which is used for chartered flights by some tour operators. Hubli is another nearby airport, 152 km away from Hampi. Flying to Goa or Bangalore is also an option.
You can reach from Bangalore by the overnight "Hampi Express" train.
- 1 Hosapete Junction railway station.
Hospet is around 330 km from Bangalore and is well connected by national and state highways. It is served by various private bus lines (e.g. VRL) and also government-run KSRTC. Direct bus services are available from Mumbai, Bangalore and other major cities of Karnataka.
There are several car rental companies in Hampi/Hospet including some prominent ones like SRB Travels (email@example.com). Car rentals are also available from various nearby rail heads and airports like those of Bangalore, Goa, Hyderabad, Belgaum and Hampi.
- VijayShree heritage- An authentic Rajasthani heritage village. Very good staff. They serve food too. Rooms (cottage) were a little expensive (₹5000-7000) in 2009.
- Tungabhadra dam (TB dam) (about 4 km away from the KSRTC bus stand). This is one of the biggest dams in Karnataka. Take a bus or share auto here for ₹10, or a tuk-tuk for ₹60. Entry to the dam itself is free, they also have a large garden along with an aviary, an aquarium and a deer park. Entry to the gardens is charged at ₹20 for adults, ₹10 for children. There is also a musical water fountain plays every day from 7PM to 8:30PM. This is a great place to spend time if you are waiting for a late night bus to travel out of Hospet.
- Vadams - A multi cuisine pure vegetarian restaurant on Dam Road adjacent to saiebaba circle. Great food at reasonable prices serves very good food in a fine ambience. Here, Chefs do not rely on readymade ingredients for their curries. Instead, they grind and blend the ingredients everyday, thus bringing out delicious flavor and exceptional taste.
- ChefArt - A multi cuisine family garden restaurant. Also called as "The Aroma of Indian Spice", It is on Dam Road near saiebaba circle. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu and includes a variety of delicacies such a North Indian, Moghlai, Tandoori, Chinese, Continental and seafood delicacies
- Naivedyam - A multi cuisine pure vegetarian restaurant on Station Road. The food is very fine and service is very fast.
- Hotel Haripriya Lodge, Iceland Rd (13km from Hampi), ☏ +91 8394 -224522. Rooms are really good and well maintained and staff are really helpful. Food you have to go out side, but there is loads of fast food nearby From ₹300 for double bed room.
- Priyadarshani Guest House is situated in Hospet on the way from the railway station to bus stand. People here are very friendly and co-operative when asked for any guidance or help. It has hotel attached to it called naivedhyam it serves average tasting food but hygienic enough. There are two types of rooms available here like standards costs ₹450 and executive costs around ₹750 exclusive of taxes (as of Feb 2009).
- Hotel Malligi, JN Road, ☏ +91 9902352350. The only 3-star hotel in town has 200 rooms. One of the reputed hotel for there ambience, service and hospitality. Don't miss the Wave's restaurant opposite to reception area.The hotel has rooms for every budget starting from ₹350 . And they have a co operative travel desk (Hamsa Travels) who arranges transport for you. The rates are very reasonable and drivers a re very helpful. The Cybercafe charges ₹60 for an hour and there is hotel Wi-Fi (secured). ₹350-₹6700.