Ihiala is in Anambra State.
Ihiala local government area is found in Anambra state which is domiciled in the Southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria. The LGA is bordered by parts of Imo state and by the Ogbaru, Ekwusigo, and Nnewi south LGAs of Anambra state. Towns and villages that make up Ihiala LGA include Okija, Isseke, Orsumoghu, Mbosi, Azia, Amorka, Ubuluisiuzor, Lilu, and Uli. The estimated population of Ihiala LGA is 183,077 inhabitants with the vast majority of the area’s inhabitants being members of the Igbo ethnic group. The Igbo language is widely spoken in the area while the religion of Christianity is predominantly practiced in the LGA. Notable festivals held in Ihiala LGA include the New Yam festival while notable landmarks in the area include the campus of the Anambra state University in Uli and the Anambra state School of Nursing.
Ihiala LGA has a tropical climate with two distinct seasons: the dry season and the rainy season. The local average temperature is 26 degrees Celsius, while the humidity level in the LGA is typically 71 percent. Ihiala LGA averages 2250 mm of rainfall annually in terms of total precipitation.
Like most cities in Nigeria, transportation in Ihiala is based primarily on motorcycle, bus, taxis or private car.
Farming is an important feature of the economy of Ihiala LGA with the area known for the cultivation of a number of crops such as vegetables, cassava, yam, and cocoyam. One of the notable things practiced in Ihiala is the New Yam Festival.
- Uchenna Restaurant, 4 trans-Amadi Rd, ☏ +234 8066673328. M-F 8AM-5PM. Dine in. Take away.
- Twin Tasty Restaurant, 8,Onitsha Owerri express Road, ☏ +234 8032196684. Daily 8AM-6PM. Dine in, take away and also delivery food services.
- Mother Restaurant, 9G4 Orlu Road, Ihiala Anambra State. M-Sa 8:30AM-9PM. Dine-in, take away, delivery. you can follow them on their social media handle @ Mother Restaurant on Facebook and @restaurantmada on Instagram. They offer all kind of fastfood and drinks.
- Happy Home Suite, Happy Home Close, Off Anambra State University Road. The bar features good and natural drinks and wines.
- 1 Nora suites Hotel, Ihiala, 20/23 Anyone street, Mbarakpaka by NITEL road. Check-in: 24 hours, check-out: 24 hours. Nora Suites Hotel features a bar. Boasting a 24-hour front desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. The rooms are equipped with air conditioning and a flat-screen TV. The environment is conducive and the hospitality is highly rated.
- Ricky Ville Hotel Limited, Ogboro Isiala, Along Okija Umudara Road. The facilities of the hotel include pool, parking space, breakfast, restaurant and room service. ₦5000 per Night.
- Paragon Hotels And Restaurant, Along Onitsha-Owerri Road. The hotel provides services like air conditioning, a swimming pool, free parking, and free Wi-Fi. ₦3000 per Night.
- New Generation Hotels Ihiala, penser Road, Off Anambra State University Road. It has facilities like: free parking, fast internet connection, hot hub, restaurant, rooms fully air conditioned. ₦2000 per night.
- Ulysis Hotel Limited, 5, Ndiany Street. It has facilities like: free parking, fast internet connection, hot hub, restaurant, rooms fully air conditioned. ₦9,500 per Night.