Iksan (익산) is in North Jeolla.
Iksan is a major rail junction in South Korea.
- [dead link] Jewelry Museum.
- 1 Mireuksaji Relics Museum. Iksan was an important site of many temples during the Baekjae Kingdom in the 7th century
- [dead link] Wanggung-ri Relics Museum.
- Prison filming location, 154-4, Wacho-ri, Seongdang-myeon, Iksan-si. If you have ever watched a prison scene in a Korean film or drama, then chances are it was filmed here, in the country's only purpose built prison set.
- 2 Mireuksa Temple (미륵사). National Treasure No.11, established in AD602 by Mking Mu of the Baekje kingdom
- 3 Garam Literature Museum (가람문학관), Garam 1-gil 76, Yeosan-myeon, Iksan-si, North Jeolla-do, ☏ . Mar-Oct: 09:00-18:00, Nov-Feb 09:00-17:00. Closed every Monday. Garam Byung-gi Lee (Garam is his pen-name) is a scholar of Koran literature who established theory of Modern Korean Sijo (traditional three-verse Korean poem). This literature museum is founded to commemorate his achievement related Korean literature. (updated Sep 2019)