Isulan houses a large oil palm plantation to the east of the town.
Most of the locals are Hiligaynon-speaking migrants, who settled here in the 1930s, but there are still the native Maguindanao people who originally resided here.
By bus or minivanEdit
- Isulan Public Transport Terminal, Isulan-Tacurong Road. Buses and UV Express (minivans) all pick up and drop off passengers here. There are nothing much inside the terminal, except for noisy vendors.
Yellow Bus Lines has trips from Kiamba via General Santos, Koronadal and Tacurong. Husky Transport makes a stop at Isulan on their Cotabato-General Santos route. A trip from Cotabato is risky, as it passes through war-torn Maguindanao, though there are rarely any attacks on buses plying the highways there.
There are plenty of UV Express leaving the terminal to serve other points in Sultan Kudarat, and even into Maguindanao and Cotabato.
- Sultan Kudarat Provincial Capitol.
- CityMall, Tacurong City Rd. Mall with restaurants and an arcade.
- Isulan Central Plaza, Senator Ninoy Aquino Avenue (Beside the municipal hall). 8:30AM-7PM. Little two-storey department store and supermarket with a Mang Inasal and Landbank ATM outside.
Most local restaurants will generally be certified Halal to accommodate its Muslim Maguindanaoan population.
- Carlito's, Senator Ninoy Aquino Avenue, ☏ . 7AM-9PM. Fine Filipino dining.
- Namaskar Ji Isulan, Isulan-Tacurong Road (Near the bus and van terminal), ☏ . 9AM-9PM. Indian cuisine.
- Inko's Grill. 6:30AM-9PM. T-bone steaks, chicken inasal and silog. Serves alcohol.
- Antonia's Hotel, Aujera Street, Kalawag I. Two-storey hotel with A/C rooms, but lacks a restaurant. Food available only by contract.
- Jovinaj Traveller's Inn, Sen. Ninoy Aquino Avenue. Two storey hotel with A/C rooms, but lacks a restaurant.
The town has been rocked by two consecutive bombings in 2017, perpetrated by suspected Islamic insurgents. Risks are very high, as Isulan just lies south of the bordering Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. See warning at the Soccsksargen article.