Iwata (磐田) is a city in Shizuoka.
- Iwata Museum of Fragrance (磐田香りの博物館, Iwata Kaori no Hakubutsukan), Tatsuno 2019-15, ☏ . 09:30-17:00, closed Mondays. This unique museum explores the history and culture associated with fragrances in a variety of exhibits, including the "Experience Fragrance" exhibit which, for an additional fee of ¥2100, allows visitors to create and bottle their own fragrance. A café allows visitors to try out various fragrant herbal teas. Adults ¥300, students ¥200, children ¥100.
- Okegaya Marsh (桶ケ谷沼, Okegaya Numa), Iwai 315, ☏ . 09:00-17:00, closed Mondays. An almost 2-km-long marsh and the surrounding park has abundant wildlife, including 67 species of dragonfly.
- Toyooka Plum Park (豊岡梅公園, Toyooka Ume Kouen), Uenobu 1989-1, ☏ . 09:00-17:00. Over 4000 plums trees blossom in a beautiful valley here every spring. Adults ¥500, children ¥100.
- [dead link] Yuya Wisteria (熊野の長藤, Yuya no Nagafuji), Ikeda 330, ☏ . Meter-long arms of wisteria hang from a frame which covers almost 600 m². Great picnic spot during the April-May bloom. A wisteria festival is held here during Golden Week as well. Free.
- LaLa Port Iwata (ららぽーと磐田), 1200 Takamigaoka (off the Tomei Expressway north of the Iwata Interchange), ☏ . 10:00-21:00. The newest and largest western-style mall in the area, with a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and a Toho Cinema. One unique store, Enshu no Eki, carries a vast array of food products made, grown, or caught in the Enshu (western Shizuoka) area.
- [dead link] Choupana Iwata, Fukudenakajima776-1 (on rute 43), ☏ . Sa Su 12:00-24:00. Popular Brazilian all-you-can-eat rodizio with salad bar, rice and beans, salgados, feijoada and a wide selection of cuts served tableside, including various beef cuts, chicken, chicken hearts, lamb, and pork. ¥2000-3000. ¥2000-3000.
- [dead link] Saigon Restaurant, ☏ . Small authentic little restaurant located in Toyoda-cho.
- Unagi no Tanaka (うなぎのたなか), Shirabane 147, ☏ . Eel from Hamamatsu's Lake Hamana is the Enshu region's most famous regional dish. Check out their take-away menu.
- [formerly dead link] Ajishou Tenhiro (味匠天宏), Mitsuke 3884-5 (about 2 km north of JR Iwata station), ☏ . 11:00-14:00, 17:00-21:00. Tempura served in an old-style Japanese atmosphere. The restaurant is installed in a historic house once lived in by the head of the Akamatsu clan. Beyond tempura, the restaurant also specializes in the local "three-color curry" (miiro kare). Dinner for around ¥5000.