- 1 Morioka — The prefectural capital.
- 2 Hachimantai
- 3 Hanamaki — Hanamaki is most famous as the birthplace of Kenji Miyazawa and for its onsen.
- 4 Hiraizumi — once rivaled Kyoto, but now known for two temples and a poet who visited 400 years ago.
- 5 Ichinoseki
- 6 Iwaizumi — the town has Ryusendo, one of Japan's three famous caves.
- 7 Kamaishi
- 8 Kuzumaki — has rich nature.
- 9 Miyako
- 10 Ninohe
- 11 Otsuchi
- 12 Rikuzentakata
- 13 Tono — a small city famous for its folk tales.
- 14 Tanohata — is proud of Kitayamasaki Cape, seaweed and farm products.
- The Tohoku Shinkansen barrels through Ichinoseki and Morioka on its way from Sendai north to Aomori.
- IGR Iwate Ginga Tetsudo It's north train of Iwate
- JR Yamada Line
- JR Hanawa Line
- JR Tazawako Line
- JR Iwaizumi Line One of JR's least frequent service lines with 3 daily round-trip services between Moichi and Iwaizumi.
- Sanriku Railway (Kita-Lias Line) runs between Miyako (Iwate) and Kuji.
- Geibikei Gorge, near Ichinoseki. Enjoy a ride on one of the boats and listen to the singing of your guide. Feed koi carp in warmer weather, enjoy the changing leaves in the fall and the snow in the winter.
- Azumaya you can eat wanko-soba
- Pyon pyon Sya It's famous for Reimen (cold noodles) shop. There are many chain shops in Iwate and Tokyo.