Jacksonville is the county seat of Onslow County, North Carolina. The home of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River. Jacksonville is in North Carolina's Inner Banks region, approximately a one hour away from the "Port City" Wilmington.
- Onslow United Transit System, 605 New Bridge Street, ☏ .
- Beirut Memorial, near Highway 24, a tribute to the men and women who died in Beirut, Lebanon on October 23, 1983.
- September 11th Memorial, an element of which is a piece of the world trade centers.
Jacksonville is less than a 30-minute drive to Topsail Island's great beaches. These beaches are open to the public and there are many free public parking areas with facilities and access to the beach. There are also rental properties available throughout the island; both for short and long-term rentals.
- Jacksonville Mall, 375 Western Boulevard, ☏ . Monday-Saturday 10AM-9PM, Sunday noon-6PM.
- Spankys Sports Bar & Grill, 2532 Onslow Drive, ☏ .
- Days Inn, 505 North Marine Blvd., ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Approximately $100 standard.
- 1 Sleep Inn & Suites Jacksonville Near Camp Lejeune, 129 Circuit Ln, ☏ . Rectangular outdoor pool.
- 2 Quality Inn Jacksonville Near Camp Lejeune, 2139 N Marine Blvd, ☏ . Similar rectangular pool.
- 3 Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville, 2411 Commerce Rd, ☏ . Unexciting pool.
- Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott, 121 Circuit Lane, ☏ . $114 standard.
- Towneplace Suites by Marriott, 400 North West Drive, ☏ . $124-164 standard.
|Routes through Jacksonville|
|Norfolk ← New Bern ←||N S||→ Wilmington → Myrtle Beach|
|Hampton ← Tarboro ←||N S||→ END|