Central Jiangmen consists of three urban districts:
Furthermore, Jiangmen has jurisdiction over four county-level cities
There are many bus stations:
- 1 Jiangmen General Bus Station (江门汽车总站, 江门汽车站 Jiangmen Bus Station), 139 Jianshe 3rd Road, Pengjiang District (蓬江区建设三路139号) (Local bus routes 4, 11, 12, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 32, 36, 39, 56, 102, 104, 107, 109, 11, 112, 115, 118, Jiangmen 62 and the Shaping (沙坪) bus line), ☏ . Jiangmen's main bus station. The station is located in the north of the city, presumably to avoid the need for buses headed west, north, or east to travel through the town.
- 2 Xinhui General Bus Station (新会汽车总站), 3 Xinhui Avenue, Xinhui District (新会区新会大道中3号) (Local bus routes 102, 103, 113, 201, 203, 205, 206, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 216, 220, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 235, 305, 309, 310, 318, 321, 329, k215, k333, Xinhui 205 Sanyi, Xinhui 205 Shibu, Xinhui 205 Shiqiao, Xinhui 206-b2, Xinhui 209, Xinhui 308, Xinhui 309, Xinhui 309b, Xinhui 311, Xinhui 312 and the Xinhui-Gongbei bus line), ☏ .
To travel to Jiangmen from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, you can take the Intercity Bus. The first bus leaves at 08:50.
- 3 Jiangmen East Railway Station (江门东站, Jiangmen East Station), 江海区五邑路 (Wuyi Road, Jianghai District (Local bus routes 8, 12, 31, 40, 41, 56, 51, 53, 54, 69 and j02). Until 2017, this station was known as Jiangmen Railway Station.
- 4 Xinhui Railway Station (新会站, Xinhui Station), Xinhui Avenue, Xinhui District (新会区新会大道) (Local bus routes 46, 103, 310, 321, k333, Jiangmen 62, Xinhui 308 and Xinhui 311).
- Trains run at top speeds of 200-240 km/h (125-150 mph). 20% of the trains are express trains that skip stations for even faster transit time.
- Depending on the train, the trip from Guangzhou to either of them takes 30-50 min; the fare is ¥36-45.
- At the Guangzhou, Shunde, Foshan, Zhongshan and Zhuhai stations, 80% of the trains run north-south but 20% branch off to the east-west line. You also have the option of taking a north-south line and transferring at Xiaolan (Zhongshan) station.
- From Macau, the Zhuhai station is 500 m west of the Gongbei/Portas do Cerco border crossing.
As of 2018, there is one direct train from Beijing (D921, Beijing-Guangzhou-Zhanjiang) that stops at Xinhui station in Jiangmen. It is one of the comparatively few overnight high-speed trains with sleeping berths that operate in China. It leaves Beijing at 20:30 in the evening, crosses the entire country overnight, and stops at Xinhui at 07:33 in the morning. A second-class seat (二等座 ) is ¥754; a sleeping berth (动卧) is ¥1430.
In 2018, the railway was expanded from Jiangmen farther southwest, to Taishan, Kaiping, Maoming and Zhanjiang. Service from Jiangmen to points west is less frequent than between Guangzhou and Jiangmen.
- Kaiping Watchtowers (开平碉楼), Kaiping. The construction of the Kaiping Watchtowers began in the early Qing Dynasty, and a lot of construction took place in the 1920s and 1930s. These towers were built as defense against bandits. There are many towers, they are mostly beyond Kaiping from the direction of Jiangmen so you are better off staying in Kaiping or it will be a very long day.
- Tea Hut Park (茶庵公园), Central Jiangmen. Site of the Tea Hut Temple (茶庵古寺), a temple built during the Ming Dynasty in honour of Zhang Sui (张遂), a famous astronomer monk who lived here during the Tang Dynasty.
- Aofong Hill (鳌峰山), Enping. Ao mountain tourist area in Enping District of Beijiao, has 150-m-high, majestic mountains. Known as the ancient stone mountain.
- Shangchuan and XiaChuan Islands (川岛风情), Taishan. Shangchuan and Xiachuan Islands fall under Taishan's jurisdiction and are locally known for their scenery. Boats to the islands are aggressively halted during and after bad weather, so transport to and from the mainland can be patchy.
- Mei Courtyard (梅家大院), Taishan. Mei Courtyard compound (i.e. Tingjiang River dike Overseas Construction Group) is in the town of Datong River Fen side.
- Fortuna Spa Resort (富都温泉度假村), Taishan. The resort has the high yield rice demonstration area, producing Taishan specialty Duhu rice. The hot spring in this castle has spa crystal clear water, a pure natural sea salt water hot springs, without any industrial pollution.
- Guifeng Mountain National Forest Park (圭峰山国家森林公园), Central Jiangmen.
- Jiangmen Wuyi Overseas Chinese Museum (江门五邑华侨华人博物馆), Central Jiangmen. Museum built in 2010 to commemorate the overseas achievements, lifestyle and journeys of the Jiangmen (Wuyi) region's massive number of overseas migrant Chinese.
- The new citrus. Half-fermented soft citrus peel is a local specialty. It tastes very sour/tart and is typically consumed in small quantities with tea.
- Tofu corners (豆腐角 Dòufǔjiǎo).