Jimma is in Western Ethiopia.
The ideal time to visit Jimma is during the dry season from November to February.
- Aba Jifar Palace (in the north end of town), ☏ .
- Jimma Museum (Muuziyemii Jimmaa), ☏ .
- 1 Coffee Pot Monument. A big sculpture of an Ethiopian coffee pot.
- Lake Boye (Boye Dam).
Thursday is market day in Jimma. Handmade baskets are an ideal souvenir to take back home.
- Biqilti Jimma Cafe.
- 1 Melat Pastry.
- Honeyland Hotel, Along Road 5, ☏ . Has reliable hot water.
- 1 Central Jimma Hotel, ☏ . The restaurant at the hotel serves some of the best Ethiopian food in town though the accommodation isn't up to the same standard. The WiFi is patchy and many rooms have ventilation issues.