Kalyani is a planned township in the Nadia district of West Bengal, India.
Kalyani was the brainchild of the great visionary Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, the second Chief Minister of the state.
The nearest airport is Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU IATA) in Kolkata.
After taking Jessore Road (NH 34) from the airport, go north to Madhyamgram. When you reach Madhyamgram Crossing turn left and go straight to Ghola. Once you crossed the railway flyover and get to the Sodepur road ask for the Kalyani Expressway. It is nearly 1 km before the Ghola Police Station. At the Kalyani expressway junction, you have to turn to the right and go along with the road. You will get a toll booth in Barrackpur, just follow the road and it will take you to Kalyani. On the way, you will cross a bridge over railway tracks. A little after this bridge you will come to a crossing, take a right turn from this crossing and you are in Kalyani.
Which crossing you need to take depends on where you intend to go. Once you are across the bridge on Railway tracks, you would see a Petrol pump and the Hotel Aquatic Palace a little down the Expressway, immediately after this the road to your Right will lead you into the Indian Oil Complex or if you keep going further you would get the connector to the road leading you to Gandhi Memorial Hospital
The Next crossing if you turn Right you would reach the UIC wires limited, JIS College of Engineering, and Kalyani A-Block via Sub-block A-11 and the JNM Hospital and Medical college.
The Next crossing a little up the way to your left would take you into Kalyani B-Block, Kalyani Lake Park.
The Next crossing is a distinctively large one, and you would see an overhead water tank to your right, if you are here you have reached Buddha Park, and pretty much nearing the end of Kalyani. The road to your right will lead you all the way to the Kalyani Ghoshpara Station, and you cross the Kalyani Central Model School, the B.T College, the Central Park, and the ITI More, and on your way to the Ghoshpara Station.
If you want to go by train, you can easily go by boarding from Sealdah Station or Dumdum Junction Station. The trains that go to Kalyani are Kalyani Simanta Local, Ranaghat Local, Krishnanagar City Local, Shantipur Local, Gede local, Lalgola Fast Passenger, etc.
The Scheduled Train journey is approximately 1hr 05mins from Sealdah Station to Kalyani Main Station. But it's good to be aware that owing to the numerous junctions (Dumdum, Barrackpore, Naihati) and adding to the wait for Express and or Goods Trains switching from the Sealdah line to Howrah Line via the Naihati-Bandel connection, it would take you generally 1hr30 to 1hr 45min on a regular normal day.
All the above-mentioned locals except for the Kalyani Simanta Local would drop you off at Kalyani Main Station. This is located in A-Block. This is the place to get down if you are going to the Gandhi Memorial Hospital or Julien Day School, also you are well connected to the B-Block through autorickshaws, taking you to destinations such as JNM Hospital, Central Park, ITI and also to Tribeni across the river into Hooghly. Bus facilities are also available in the form of Route 37, which starts from the Kalyani Main Station and circles Kalyani on the outer route via JNM Hospital, ITI more, Picnic garden, Central Park, Buddha Park and then goes into Kanchrapara. There is also the Tribeni-Gayeshpur minibus connectivity to help you on your way.
The Kalyani Simanta Local takes the Branch line which takes you deeper into Kalyani, the stations on your way in would be Kalyani Silpanchal (connecting you to the Industrial Area and the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Hospital, also known as JNM Hospital and panchso bedor 500 beds in local terms. This is also the nearest Station if you intend to go to the Springdale School.
The Next Stop is Kalyani Ghoshpara, your stop if you are headed to Kalyani University or the Law College.
The final destination on this route is Kalyani Simanta, which is nearer to the training centre for SIPRD, the Rural development centre and the BSNL Training Center. Also the once favourite, Kalyani Picnic Garden is just a few minutes from here.
- 1 Kalyani railway station. Main station
- 1 Central Park.
- 2 Jubilee Park, Gayespur.
- 3 Kalyani Picnic Garden. You can enjoy a day long picnic here. It is at the western end of Congress road that leads straight from Kalyani main station. Good for group picnics. Carry utensils and cook food here, but keep clean and don't litter.
- 4 Kalyani Stadium.
- 5 Lake Park.
- Kalyani Mela. Annual. An event worth visiting.
- Kuler Pather Mela - (Pothwari Drama).
- Sati mayer mela (near ghosh para station, the easiest way to go there is by train, board Kalyani Simanta local and get down at Kalyani ghoshpara station, you may go by bus, auto or rickshaw from Kalyni mail station). Annual. A religious gathering.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Kalyani.
- 1 University of Kalyani.
Jute stuff and other hand made utensils and decors are available in extremely cheap prices.
- 1 Gol Bazar, Gayespur.
- Aquatic Palace, Kalyani Highway, near JIS College of Engineering. Where you can have a toast of cool or hot drinks in the ambiance of aquatic peace and beauty...
- Cafe Adda (kalyani central park), Kalyani.
- Anurag Guest House, Near ITI more. Nice Decent place to receive your guests, AC, Non-Ac rooms Available
- 1 Hotel Aquatic Palace, Kanchrapara (along Barrackpore-Kalyani Expressway, near J.I.S College of Engineering).
|Routes through Kalyani|
|Krishnanagar ← Santipur ←||N S||→ Kolkata|