Kami does not have its own airport, so visitors will need to fly into Kochi Ryoma Airport in the neighboring city, Nankoku.
The JR Dosan Line runs through Kami on the way from Tadotsu Station in Kagawa to Kochi with four stations within the city limits: Shigeto Station, Shingai Station, Tosa-Yamada Station, and Yamada-Nishimachi Station. Tosa-Yamada Station is located in the central part of the city.
- 1 Ryugado Cave (龍河洞). One of Japan's top three caves, visitors can tour this large limestone cavern. At the cave's entrance real Yayoi Period pottery is visible in the walls. The cave is 4 kilometers in length (about 2.5 miles). Visitors are able to explore nearly half (1.5km or 1 mile) of it. 1000 yen for normal visits, 1500 yen for the 'adventure course' (must be in high school or older for adventure course).
- 2 Anpanman Museum (アンパンマンミュージアム). Anpanman's creator is from Kochi, so naturally the museum dedicated to the tasty superhero is here, as well.
- 3 Kagamino Park (鏡野公園), ☏ . One of the most popular places in the prefecture for seeing cherry blossoms, it is on the list of Japan's top 100 places to see cherry blossoms.
- 4 Kami City Art Museum (香美市立美術館), ☏ . 9AM-5PM. 300 yen (prices may vary for special exhibits).
- 5 Hachioji Shrine (八王子宮 hachiojiguu), ☏ . Built in the Muromachi Period. The road between the shrine and its torii is lined with cherry trees, making it a nice spot for hanami.
- 6 Okumonobe Art Museum (奥物部美術館).
- 7 Shionomine Kujikata Shrine (塩峯公士方神社 shionomine kujikata jinja/shiogamine kujikata jinja), ☏ .
- 8 Yoshii Isamu Memorial Museum (吉井勇記念館), ☏ . 9:30AM-5PM. 400 yen.
- 9 Keiki-So (渓鬼荘), ☏ . This is the spot where the singer Yoshii Isamu secluded himself. It was used in the Meiji, Taisho, and Showa Periods. It is located next to the Yoshii Isamu Memorial Museum, so if you come to see his museum, stop here to see his former home.
- 10 Kosho-ji (高照寺). Part of the Shikoku 33 Kannon Temple Pilgrimage.
- 11 Todoro Falls (轟の滝 todoro no taki). One of the nation's top 100 falls, it is considered to be a natural monument.
- Kochi - Prefectural capital, home to the authentic Kochi Castle
- Nankoku - Birthplace of Kochi's famous long-tailed roosters
- Aki - Birthplace of Ryutaro Hirota, his music can be heard in the town's clocktower and even one of the bathrooms
- Miyoshi - in neighboring Tokushima Prefecture, it is home to Oboke and Koboke and the Iya Valley