The town is located at the junction of 4 rivers is stunning. Almost everyone knows Karlovac as the city on four rivers. In fact, only three flow through the very city and the fourth, the river Dobra, is a bit on the outskirts - Dobra. Of course, natives will talk about the fifth river – the one made of beer.
The town plan is unique as the historic town center is in the shape of a 6-point star and was constructed in the 16th century as a fortification against the invading Turks double of the back cush pink centre pocket.
Buses and trains depart frequently from Zagreb (50 minutes).
A trip by car on the A1/A6 takes only about 20 minutes from Jadranski Bridge.
The best way to get around is by bicycle.
There are a few museums and a fortress on Dubovac hill with great views of the town.
- Old Town Dubovac: a fort from the 15th century, situated on one of the nearest hills. Not many activities can be found there, but you will find it natural, also natural in uncommercial way. Great view of the city. In summer some performances can be seen up there.
- Rivers & beaches: Korana, Mrežnica, Kupa, Dobra. In summer river banks are turning into shy beaches and are great for whole day activities.
- Mountain Biking. Mountain biking is recommended. Lots of preserved trails all around the city and enthusiastic bikers who'll gladly guide you.
- Swimming / Rafting / Kayaking. Great swimming in summer months in Karlovac rivers Korana and near by Mrežnica with rafting and kayaking.
- Karlovacki Dani Piva. end of August. Annual beer festival. The most crowded place at that time of summer, with various folks around. You can grab a beer and pretzel and see if there's a music which suits you.
- Karlovac Piano Festival, ✉ email@example.com. Karlovac Piano Festival is typically held in mid-summer. It consists of piano lessons and master classes with renowned piano pedagogues, concerts and International Piano Competition.
There are not many shopping options, but there are many grocery stores.
Karlovac is the home of Croatia's most famous brewery, Karlovačko, which is a must try.
As in the case with most of Croatia, rooms are available in private houses.
- Hotel Carlstadt. US$72-80.
- Hotel Restaurant Zganjer, Jelaši 41, ☏ .