- For other places with the same name, see King Island (disambiguation).
Primary access to King Island is by aeroplane into Currie, using one of the small regional airlines based in Melbourne or northern Tasmania.
- King Island Airlines, 03 9580 3777, fax 03 9580 7361,  Flying from Melbourne's Moorabbin Airport.
- Sharp Airlines, 1300 55 66 94, . Flying from Melbourne (Essendon), Burnie, and Launceston.
- Regional Express Airlines, 13 17 13, 61 2 6393 5550, . Flying from Tullamarine, Melbourne.
- Shortstop Jet Charter, 03 9379 9299, 0419 347 727, fax 03 9379 3643, . Specializing in group charter flights from Melbourne. Flights are also available on the Gooney Bird, a historic World War 2 era DC-3 airliner.
Although you can get to King Island by private boat, there is no ferry service.
Once on the island, you can hire a car or bicycle to get around. The island has no traffic lights and relatively few roads.
Calcified forest, Cape Wickham Lighthouse, Fairy penguins.
Many ships have been wrecked on and around the island's coast, and the island is a popular base for diving holidays.
King Island is famous for two things - seafood, especially lobster (Crayfish), and King Island dairy products. The grass on the island produces an extremely rich and creamy milk and local dairies turn that into exquisite brie, camembert etc. Much of the output is exported to the mainland, but a portion of their products are reserved for on-island use, and gourmets may find that an extra attraction.
- Boomerang By the Sea, Golf Club Road. Serving dinner with a view, M-Su from 6pm.
- King Island Club, 8 Netherby Rd, ☏ , fax: . Open from 11:30am M-Th; From 10am F-Sa; Noon-6pm Su. Meals not available on Su, but the bar is. Bingo every 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Baudins Restaurant, Naracoopa Esplanade, 64 611 110. Colonial style restaurant with bar. Reservations preferred.
- Bass Caravan Park, 100 Main Street. Cabins for $98 - $141 per night, including continental breakfast.
- Boomerang by the Sea, toll-free: 1800 221 288. Golf Club Road. Ensuite units for around $120.
- Devils Gap Retreat, +61 3 6462 1180, 0429 621 180, fax +61 3 6462 1180. One bedroom cottages near the ocean. Around $130 including breakfast and free transfer from the airport.
- Green Ponds Guest House, 38 Edward St, ☏ , . Between $60 and $100 per night.
- Gullhaven Holiday Home, 11 Huxley Street. Four bedroom home.
- 1 King Island A-Frame Holiday Homes (Island Breeze Motel), 95 Main Street, ☏ . 3 bedroom cottages. As well as the cottages, there are also regular motel-style rooms with amenities. from $170.
- Shannon Coastal Cottages, PO Box 275, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. 2 fully self contained cottages on Currie harbour with magnificent views to Southern Ocean, harbour and Currie Lighthouse. Between $150 - $160 per night for two occupants, extra fee apply for more..
- Baudins Accommodation, Naracoopa Esplanade. Beach front cottages with views of Sea Elephant Bay. Between $121 and $154 for twin occupancy, extra fees apply for more occupants.
- 2 Naracoopa Holiday Cottages, 125 The Esplanade Naracoopa King Island (on the sunny east coast), ☏ . Check-in: 1.00pm, check-out: 10.00am. Excellent self contained cottage accommodation opposite the beach, set in garden/park like surrounds overlooking romantic Sea Elephant Bay from $110 per night.