Koszalin is a city of over 100,000 inhabitants in Zachodniopomorskie, Poland. Located close to the Baltic Sea, Koszalin offers visitors a mixture of Gothic architecture and nearby sea resorts. It is very near the resort town Mielno, which lies at the coastline.
There is no airport really near to Koszalin. These two are the closest ones:
- Solidarity Szczecin–Goleniów Airport (SZZ IATA). 120km southwest from Koszalin.
- 1 Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport (Polish: Port Lotniczy Gdańsk im. Lecha Wałęsy GDN IATA). 185km east from Koszalin.
The 2 Koszalin Train Station is located on the other side of the river, since there is no bridge yet connecting the two parts. The Polish national railway company PKP provides connections to Koszalin from numerous destinations in Poland. There are several trains each day to Szczecin and Gdańsk. Also a direct connection with Poznań exists. The train ride from Szczecin takes a little bit more than 2 hours. For traveling from Poznań you should allow at least 4,5 hours.
There are direct connections from seaside resort Kołobrzeg too. From the nearby city of Słupsk Koszalin is only 42 minutes away by train.
The 3 Koszalin Bus Station is located close to the train station.
Koszalin has a good network of city owned buses that bring you everywhere in the city. The price of a normal ticket is around 2,90 zł. A 24 hour ticket costs 8 zł.
To get to Mielno/Uniescie where the beach is you need to either take a bus No.1. leaving in the front of the station or one of the private vans who wait also in the front of the station. In the summer there is a train operating to that coast town.
- 1 Cathedral, Bolesława Chrobrego 7, ☏ +48 94 347 10 06.
- 2 Former Post Office, Władysława Andersa. Neogothic complex built in 1884 and now one of the most beautiful buildings in the city.
- 3 City Walls, Marii Ludwiki.
- 4 Amphitheater, Piastowska 7.
- 5 Town Hall, Rynek Staromiejski 6-7, ☏ +48 94 348 86 00.
- 6 Chapel of Saint Gertruda (Kaplica św. Gertrudy), Modrzejewskiej.
- 7 Museum of Koszalin, ul. Młyńska 37/39, ☏ +48 94 343 20 11. Tu-Su: 10:00—16:00. Closed on M.
- 1 Hotel Sport, Sportowa 14, ☏ +48 94 314 68 80. Budget hotel located a bit outside of the centre.
- 2 Hotel Gromada Arka Koszalin, Zwycięstwa 20, ☏ +48 94 342 79 11. Located in the city centre. 250 zł.