Krishnarajanagara was founded between 1920s and 1930s as a new town, when a flood by river Kaveri damaged the nearby old town called Yedatore. The town was shifted to a place 4.5 km (3 miles) south and at a higher elevation, now called Krishnarajanagara. It was named after Krisharaja Wodeyar, the maharaja of Mysore.
- By bus. Fast buses are available from Mysore and Hassan. Travel Timeː 90 minutes from each side. ₹44.
- By train. Slow trains are available from Mysore and Hassan. ₹10.
- ArkanadhaTemple, Hassan Road (4 km).
- Old Railway Station. The old railway station of the British period is not forgotten because that area is still known by the same name. The buildings have all fallen down and only a few walls remain. There is a small temple near the old ticket counter and even the railway tracks have disappeared. The platform is still recognizable.
- Hampapura Village, 3 km. Beautiful paddyfields and cute little railway station where only slow trains stop six times a day.
- Ramanahalli Village, 4 km. Beautiful village surrounded by Krishnarajasagara Lake
- K.R.S.Garden and Dam, Mysore Road (25 km). Garden, fountains, restaurants, lodges and much more.
- Yedatore Dargah, Hassan Road (4 km). Four beautiful mosques and dargahs in the middle of the paddy field. Very photogenic.
- Yedathore Picnic Spot, Hassan Road (4 km). Beautiful picnic spot on the bank of Kaveri River. Picnic benches are provided with provision of entire joint families to spread their picnic baskets.
- Lakshman theertha temple, 5 km on Mysore Road. Beautiful riverside temple near an expanse of paddy fields.
- Dornahally Church (6 km from bus station). Ancient Church and Railway Station. ₹250 by auto rikshaw
- Chunchanagatte Waterfall, 10 km on Hassan Road.
- Radio Ground, An ideal place to relax and it is very near the bus station.
̈* Sanyasi Park for jogging, Bazar Road (1 km). Sanyasi Park is surrounded by nine templesː Lakshminarayana Temple, Chandramouleshwara Temple, Srikrishna Temple, Raghavendra Temple, Kalikamba temple, Sathyanarayana temple, Ayyyappa Temple, Ganapathi temple, Vasavi Temple
- Trekking Track Old Yadathore. Begins from the riverside temple of Arkanadha. Ends at Kandenahalli bridge near the Railway Station.
- Relax at the Railway Grounds (2 km). The cement benches in front of the railway station is a popular hangout of older people. Parking is not allowed in this area. This is a very small circular shaped garden.
- Paddyfield Trekking, Lakshmana Theertha Temple Area (5 km from Bus Station). Beautiful trekking tracks on all the four sides of the temple.
- Paddy Field Walk. Begin from the KSRTC bus station. Head east on C.M.Road. After two kilometers, turn left on Kandenahalli Bridge. After 2 km, turn left and reach the old railway station area. Proceed 1 km to reach the Araknatha temple. Total distance 6 km.
- Vasthra Textiles, Seventh Main Road. for readymade clothes and kidswear.
- Karjoora Cake, Ethnic village cakes. Available in teashops for ₹5
- Osmania Biscuits, Available in small tea shops. Sweet and salty Hyderabadi stuff ₹3.
- KSRTC Canteen, Inside the Bus Station. 6AM onwards
- Citylight for Kerala Style meat and fish dishes. 7:30 AM onwards
- Shree Restaurant, Vegetarian, Near syndicate bank. 7:15 AM onwards. Thursday holiday.
- Shri Tiffanys Vegetarian, Near Sanyasi Park. 7AM onwards. Tuesday holiday.
- Ice Palace, Near Karnataka Bank, Seventh Main Road, for sandwiches, buns, burgers and Chinese food.
- Noorani Restaurant, Opposite the Bus Station. Ideal place for biriyani, chicken dishes and omelettes.
- Srikanteshwara Lunch Home, Near Karnataka Bank. ₹65 for full vegetarian meals.
- Sudarshan Restaurant, Near Syndicate Bank. Ideal for vegetarian food.
- Keshav Chats, Near Venketeshwara Cinema, Mysore Road. Masala Puri, Pani Puri and Chinese food.
- Brahman Teashop, Opposite Archana Clinic, Near Alpha College. Breakfast 2 dosai ₹20, lunch ₹20.
- Ice Magic, Opposite Yajman Bookstall. Ice cream, juices, sandwiches and snacks.
Teashops are a popular hangout here with tea, coffee and variety of biscuits on display.
Hotels and Choultries are available mainly to cater the pilgrims.
- Jayamrutha Lodge, Near Venketeshwara Theatre (1 km), ☏ , . ₹600.
- G.G.Palace Lodge, Near Syndicate Bank, ☏ , . Opposite the beautiful and sylvan Sanyasi Park with long jogging track. ₹400.
- Shivasagar Lodge, State Bank Circle, ☏ , . ₹500.
- Balaji Palace Lodge, First Cross, V.V.Road, Opp.KSRTC (Backside of VB Bakery, Muslim Quarter), ☏ , . ₹500 for the first floor, ₹600 for the second floor.