Kullu is famous for its Dussehra festival. The major sources of income of here are tourism and agriculture. Around Kullu, many tourists visit Manali and Manikaran. The local language of Kullu is Pahari.
- 1 Kullu–Manali Airport (KUU IATA), Bhuntar. connected to Chandigarh and New Delhi by Alliance Air (Air India's regional subsidiary).
Luxury buses are available everyday from Chanderlok Building, Janpath, Delhi, charges are approx. ₹1000. The state deluxe, semi-deluxe and ordinary buses are much cheaper than private buses. Local tourism buses are available from all inter-state bus terminals in North India.
There is an intra-town bus-system, which will take you to all the important places at very nominal prices. Local taxis can be hired easily. Also, you can rent motorbikes from the local shops and enjoy a ride in the mountains.
- Rohtang Pass
- Solang Nala
- Vashishth Hot Water Springs
- Hidimba Mata Temple
- Mannu Temple
- Old Manali
- Buddhist Montessori's
- Nagar Castel
- Rorik art gallery
- Hamta Pass
- Chanderkhanni Pass
- Malana Village
- Jana Falls
- Bhekhli Heights
- Kais Dhar
- Raghunath Temple
- Bajaura Temple
- Jalori Pass
- Siyolsar Lake
- Skiing (In winters only)
- Rock climbing
- Jeep Safaris
- Bike Safaris
- Kheer Ganga.
If planning for a trek up the beautiful mountains, don't forget to hire a local guide. As the local customs and laws are quite strict and you might land up in trouble if unknowingly you offended any of their laws. Touching their property,temple or trespassing can be considered an offend and can attract a fine of few hundred to few thousand rupees (₹). Don't pluck apples from trees or snatch them from little kids selling them. Don't jump in jungles, any small move can lead you into deep valley.
Local handicrafts and shawls are a must buy.
Buy only from reputed shops. Rates of local vendors are cheaper than showrooms but demands identifying skills for shawl fiber and material. There is a big fare during dushera and there is special discount during Dushera festival. but you have to bargain and you don't get any guarantee of the items purchased out of the authorized showroom.
Must buy fruits from Kullu. They are cheap and fresh too.
- Eat fresh trout from River Beas and dimsums from a MO-MO corner.
- The Spice House restaurant at Himalayan Hamlet Kullu offers multi cuisine specialities with a host of local delicacies.
- Shobla International They offer excellent local cuisine and all sorts of other cuisines.
- Apples are famous in Kullu
- Himalayan Hamlet Valley view Hotel & resort.
- Hotel Kasol
- Hotel Sangam.
- Hotel Shandela 01902252426,9418388208
- Hotel Shobla International.
- Hotel Vaishali
- Himachal Cottage Villa, Village Bashkola, Katrain, ☏ . A modern cottage-villa. Reasonable. Beautiful surroundings. If you are planning to stay for few days or weeks, then try hiring some huts on the hills they are much cheaper, comfortable (a bit inconvenient to reach as situated few feet above the ground on the hill) then staying in hotels and you really enjoy the beauty of the hills closely. If you're looking to stay for a month or more, you'll do well to be away from the main Manali Road.
- Indian Himalaya Homestay, Tikka Bouri Springs, Shastri Nagar, ☏ . Try a homestay experience where you are cared for by a local family - simple accommodation set high on the mountainside overlooking the beautiful Kullu Valley.
- Ramgarh Heritage Villa, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Located in the small town of Raison, midway between Kullu & Manali. A heritage bungalow built in 1928, during the British era, with high ceilings, spacious bedrooms and fireplaces, and surrounded by apple orchards & kiwi plantations. It is managed by the descendants of the same family that built it. Behind the home-stay is the village of Benchi, who's residents work on the orchards. The village offers a glimpse of the Himachali countryside with its by-lanes overlooking the Beas and the Dhalaudhar range.
- Manali - another very good tourist spot.
- Manikaran - A religious tourist spot. Famous for hot water springs. Surprising to note that hot water springs are only few feet away from river Beas having chilled water. Sometimes one can feel the floor of the temple hot on walking as spring water flow underneath.
- Rohtang Pass - Major attraction among tourists. Pass at a height of around 14000 ft. Exactly 13900 ft.