city in Uttar Pradesh, India, the place where Gautama Buddha died
Soak up the peaceful atmosphere, conducive to meditation and reflection.
- Yama Cafe. The owner, Mr. Roy, is an old-timer at Kushinagar and can advise on many things there.
- Restaurant at Pathik Niwas
- Dhabas near Mahaparinirvana Temple
- 1 Tibetan Monastery. both donation and by payment available
- 2 Japanese-Sri Lankan Temple. Probably one of the first modern temples, established in 1984. Guest house stay by donation. The temple gate opens between 7am to 5pm, so you can visit and ask if empty room is available. The main hall is designed and built by Japanese and transferred to Sri Lankan management.
- 3 Pathik Niwas. Uttar Pradesh tourism.
- Lotus Nikko Hotel. This is a well-managed hotel with comfortable rooms. Room is around Rs 4,000/night.
- Wear clothing that expresses respect for the sacred nature of the site.
- Circumambulate (Walk all the way arround) the stupas and other sacred objects in a clockwise direction.
- Preserve the peace and tranquillity.
- Do not climb onto statues or other sacred objects.