city in New Hampshire, United States
- For other places with the same name, see Laconia (disambiguation).
- Robbie Mills Field.
- 1 Funspot, 579 Endicott St N, ☏ . Featuring the largest arcade in the state, outdoor mini-golf, an indoor golf dome, adult Bingo, bowling, and more, Funspot seems to have an appropriate name. It is also home to the Largest Arcade in the World as recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records and the American Classic Arcade Museum.
- Gunstock Mountain Resort, 719 Cherry Valley Road, Gilford, NH, ☏ . While Laconia receives most of its tourism in the summer months, there are things to do in the winter, as well. One example is Gunstock. Gunstock describes itself as a "Four Season Resort," but their primary offering is its 1400-ft mountain, which is the second highest in the Belknap region, and completely ski, snowboard, and tube friendly. Gunstock offers a variety of trails with difficulties ranging from "Beginner" to "Expert," a fully stocked ski shop with rentals for those without their own equipment, and a lodge with several restaurants.
- 2 Laconia Motorcycle Week, Weirs Blvd. Although Weirs Beach is always busy during the summer, for one week, every year, "busy" is an understatement. Based around Father's Day weekend, "Bike Week" is the biggest event of the year in Laconia and attracts tens of thousands of bikers consistently. Bike Week is held at Weirs Beach, and attracts so many bikers and curious visitors that traffic in and immediately around Weirs Boulevard is completely closed off for the week. To attend, it's necessary to park in one of many makeshift parking lots and trek over to Weirs Beach, or preferably, ride a bike.
- 3 Weirs Beach, Weirs Blvd. In the summer months in Laconia, there is no dispute over where to find the most tourists. It is Weirs Beach. "The Weirs" consists of a boardwalk, which is about a half mile in length, a half dozen arcades, a pizza place, an ice cream parlor, an ample selection of souvenir shops, and of course, a beach.
- Weirs Drive-In Theater, 76 Endicotte St N, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Right next door to Weirs Beach Water Slide is the Weirs Drive-In Theater. While not particularly big, this drive-in always has the latest movies.
- Weirs Beach Go-Kart Track, 582 Endicotte St N, ☏ . Su-Th 10AM-10PM, F Sa 10AM-11PM. Visitors in Laconia looking for a bit of speed may want to check out the Weirs Beach Go-Kart Track. People of all ages are welcome to ride on this quarter mile track. One seat and two seat go-karts are available. Group rates are available for those with 15 or more in their party. Ice cream and pizza is also sold here. $5.50 per ride.
- 4 New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival. The state's annual Pumpkin Festival was previously held in Keene, and was well-known for its annual, record-breaking collections of jack-o'-lanterns. In 2014, the Pumpkin Festival was marred by partying college students rioting in the streets relatively near the festival grounds, causing the city council to reject its annual permit the following year. As a result, the Keene Pumpkin Festival moved to Laconia, renaming it as the New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival. As with before in Keene, the annual festival held for two days in October celebrates autumn and pumpkins with games, entertainment, food, and of course, a goal to break the world record for most jack-o'-lanterns lit in one place.
- Tanger Outlets, 120 Laconia Rd, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 10AM-6PM. For enthusiastic shoppers heading to Laconia, the Tanger Outlets may be worth exploring. Tanger Outlets is composed of over thirty stores and also offers a handful of places to eat. Shopping ranges from clothes, to specialty merchandise, to housewares items, with other categories in between.
- Tower Hill Tavern, 264 Lakeside Ave, ☏ . 8AM-1AM daily. Lakes Region's "Home of the Blues". Live music and great food. $10-20.
- Lake Opechee Inn and Spa, 62 Doris Ray Ct, ☏ . 34 guest rooms, all including fireplace, two-person whirlpool bath. Many offer balcony with lake view. Pet friendly.
- The Landmark Inn, 480 Main St, ☏ . Not particularly large (total of 104 rooms), but features single and double rooms, color TV, climate control, and free wireless internet.
- The Margate on Winnipesauke, 76 Lake St, ☏ .
- Misty Harbor Resort, 118 Weirs Rd, ☏ .
|Routes through Laconia|
|Franconia ← Gilford ←||N S||→ Belmont → Concord|