Lake Buena Vista is a municipality in Orange County, East Central Florida. It is home to Disney Springs, Typhoon Lagoon, the headquarters of the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU), Reedy Creek Improvement District, and most notably the headquarters of the Walt Disney World Resort. It is one of two Florida municipalities, founded on July 3, 1969, controlled by The Walt Disney Company, the other being Bay Lake. Lake Buena Vista is sited southwest of Orlando, between Orlando and Kissimmee, along the Interstate 4 corridor. Walt Disney's original plan for Lake Buena Vista included at least one futuristic living area, but was never built. This futuristic idea was later used at Epcot.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO IATA). The entry point for most international and domestic flights, is the closest airport (about 20 mi/30 km) to Lake Buena Vista. Be aware that airport security lines can become extremely long (1 hr), especially during the summer tourist season and near holidays. Combined with long check-in lines, it is advisable to arrive 2-3 hours before your scheduled departure. The airport offers transportation, shuttles, taxis, and car rentals while Disney offers its free Magical Express transportation from the airport to Disney World for visitors staying at the Disney World Resorts.
Most visitors will arrive by taking Interstate 4 and then traveling west on exit 68 from I-4.
By public transitEdit
LYNX, the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority, offers limited bus service to Lake Buena Vista and Disney World, catering mainly to the workers in the Disney complex. Bus Link 50 connects the Magic Kingdom with Disney Springs. Bus Link 111 connects Disney with the Orlando International Airport.
By private busEdit
Many hotels on offer complimentary scheduled bus service to and from the Disney theme parks. Check with the hotel for details.
Most convenient for getting around the sprawling theme parks complex. However, parking may be an issue if you do not go early.
- Walt Disney World - the most well renowned theme park in the known universe. If you are in Lake Buena Vista, you are at Walt Disney World... sort of. The mailing address for the resort is Lake Buena Vista, but all of the theme parks are physically within the city of Bay Lake.
- Walt Disney World Resort includes 1 Disney's Magic Kingdom. , 2 Epcot. , :3 Disney's Hollywood Studios. , 4 Disney's Animal Kingdom. , 5 Disney's Typhoon Lagoon. , 6 Disney's Blizzard Beach. , 7 Disney Springs. , 8 Disney's Boardwalk.
- Disney Springs has a large variety of specialty shops, including World of Disney (the largest Disney character store in the world) the Lego Imagination Center and an Harley-Davidson Motorcycles store. Access to Disney Springs does not require park entry fees.
- Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores, 15657 S. Apopka Vineland Rd. (State Road 535), ☏ . M-Sat. 10 AM- 9 PM; Sun. 10 AM- 7 PM. Free shopping shuttle from many area hotels (but not most Disney-branded properties), see website for schedule as well as outlet store coupons.
- 1 Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, 2000 Hotel Plaza Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- 2 Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, 1900 Buena Vista Dr, toll-free: . Located inside The Walt Disney Resort.
- Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, 8501 Palm Pkwy, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Fairfield Inn at the Marriott Village, 8615 Vineland Ave, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. Awarded with the 2009 Trip Advisor's Travelers' Choice Award as a Top 10 Family Hotel in the U.S, this Orlando area family hotel is playful and accommodating.
- Holiday Inn, 1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, 13351 State Road 535 (Take exit 68 from I-4 west and turn left on State Road 535. The hotel is about 1/4 mile further, on your left.), toll-free: .
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, 1 Grand Cypress Blvd, ☏ . The 18-story, pyramid-shaped Hyatt Regency has three guestroom wings and a 200-foot atrium lobby. The hotel opened in 1984, and the rooms were completely renovated in 2001.
- Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa, 8112 Poinciana Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: . Condominium resort
- 3 Marriott Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista, 11450 Marbella Palm Ct, ☏ , fax: . Features include accommodations for extended stay business visitors, or events at the nearby Orange County Convention Center.
- Radisson, 12799 Apopka Vineland Rd, ☏ . Quality rooms at a decent price. Free internet, although somewhat unstable.
- 4 Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (formerly Regal Sun Resort), 1850 Hotel Plaza Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . An official Walt Disney World Resort Hotel offering a character breakfast on Tu, Th and Sa.
- Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, 12205 S Apopka Vineland Rd, ☏ .
- SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, 8601 Vineland Avenue, ☏ .
- Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Buena Vista, 8688 Palm Parkway, 32836 (From 1-95: At exit 260B, take ramp right for I-4 West toward Orlando, At exit 68, take ramp right for SR-535 toward Kissimmee / Lake Buena Vista, turn right onto SR-535 N, turn right onto Palm Pkwy. If you reach Lake St, you've gone too far), ☏ , toll-free: .
- Tampa and Busch Gardens are one hour southwest on I-4.
- Miami is 235 mi to the south, or about a 4-hr car ride. Accessing the Everglades National Park is common from Miami.
|Routes through Lake Buena Vista|
|Tampa ← Walt Disney World ←||W E||→ Orlando → Daytona Beach|