Lakewood is a city in the Denver Area.
Lakewood is the most populous city in Jefferson County and the fifth largest city in Colorado.
The colder weather months (Nov-Feb) often bring snow and ice to area roads. Visitors who park their cars should be prepared in case their car is "snowed in" by snow removal trucks. Also, pay strict attention to parking rules and snow emergencies to avoid being towed away at the car owner's expense. During the winter months, a snow brush, ice scraper, and plenty of windshield washer fluid is essential, and many natives opt to carry a shovel, some sand, and a bag of ice melt or road salt in the trunk just in case.
With Aurora's considerable sprawl, car rentals are the most convenient form of transportation for visitors. Local companies tend to offer better prices, but national chains might be more convenient as far as return policies and hours. Rental companies include most major car rental chains.
By plane then you are coming from Denver International Airport which isn't too far away. Denver International Airport (DEN IATA). Commonly referred to as DIA. It is about 20 miles to the east of downtown Denver. Frontier Airlines, United Airlines, and Southwest Airlines all maintain hubs at the airport in Concourses A, B, and C respectively. Most other major domestic carriers also have service here.
- 1 Bear Creek Lake Park, 15600 West Morrison Rd, ☏ . Offers sailing, camping and fishing with other recreational activities with 15 miles of dirt trails encompassing 2,600 acres
- Kendrick Lake Park, 9351 W Jewell Ave. A park with a lake in the middle of it. Over a mile loop of paved trails around the park. Has playgrounds and also fishing.
- William Frederick Hayden Park on Green Mountain.
- Bear Creek Greenbelt, 2800 S. Estes St., ☏ .
Lakewood has 3 reservoirs to go to. The largest one is Main then Smith then East.
- 1 Belmar Shopping Center, 464 S Teller St. Urban-styled outdoor shopping area with over 70 stores/businesses including Whole Foods, Target, DWS, Victoria's Secret, Coldwater Creek, etc. Dining options include Ted's Montana Grill, P.F. Chang's, & Jamba Juice. Entertainment options include a movie theater and a bowling alley. In the winter, there's an outside ice skating rink.
- [dead link] Colorado Mills Mall, 14500 W Colfax Ave (I-70 and Colfax Ave), ☏ . Large outlet mall.
- 1 Casa Bonita, 6715 W Colfax, ☏ . A 52,000-sq-ft Mexican restaurant known more for the entertainment than for the food (it's famous enough that South Park devoted an entire episode to the place). It's an inexpensive option for families; the kids will love the cliff divers, trained "gorilla", video arcade and other entertainment.
- Firehouse Subs, 650 S Wadsworth Blvd, ☏ . Part of the national franchise, known for having over 30 different types of hot sauces, they also steam their subs to retain the flavor.
- Purple Ginger Asian Fusion, 2610 Youngfield St, ☏ . A gluten-free menu and vegan-friendly. Live music on Friday and Saturday. Serves a variety of Asian food, and they also have table side cooking.
- Which Wich Superior Sandwiches, 14225 W Colfax Dr, ☏ .