administrative centre of the municipality of Bamble, Norway
Langesund is a small coastal town in Telemark.
Follow signs from the E18 towards Langesund.
From Porsgrunn you can take train to or from Oslo or Notodden.
- Wrigthegaarden. See a concert at Wrigthegaarden. Many top Norwegian artists play here and there are even a few international acts as well. Elton John, Bob Dylan and B.B. King all played here. Also be sure to catch the Monday jam-session where you will find talented locals as well as famous local artists such as Vidar Busk and Stephen Ackles pop in every now and then.
- Tangen Fort. Explore the Tangen Fort. A 30 minute walk south of the center of town through picturesque narrow streets with old white wooden buildings.
- Barracuda. Very good fish restaurant at the pier. Best in town.
- Papa's. Pizza
- Wrighteegaarden. Famous for concerts and lively summer crowd in the outdoor garden. Has an upstairs bar in the restaurant, a pub downstairs and a very nice seating area in the garden in the summer.
- Tordenskiold. If you want to sing karaoke with drunk locals from the countryside this is the place to be. Head upstairs for trance/techno.