Laurel is home to a Cenex Harvest States oil refinery and Montana Rail Link's Laurel Yard. Railroads are an important part of Laurel's history. The high school's team is the Laurel Locomotives.
Many of the residents commute to Billings, 15 miles to the east.
Laurel has a couple of options for rides into Billings, but these are limited. There is no taxi service.
It is possible to bike to most locations in good weather. A car usually is the best option.
- 4th of July, Parade on Main St., activities around town, fireworks at high school, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Biggest parade and one of the largest fireworks displays in Montana
- Palace Bar & Lanes, 305 E Main St, ☏ . Bowling
- Rock the Block, Town Square (north of Main St on First Ave). Friday nights, May through Sept. Live music, food and drinks
- South Side Pond. Hours:Daylight. fishing access and picnic areas Free.
- 1 Amusement Park Drive In, 7335 Mossmain Lane, ☏ . Gates open on Fridays and Saturdays at 7PM. Closed everyday during parts of the year. Check website for exact times. Once common, drive-in movie theaters are now a rare sight in the US. This theater is one of two remaining drive-in theaters in Montana. $7 adults, $5 kids.
- Caboose Saloon, 704 West Main, ☏ . Amazing bronze sculptures, live music, pool tables
- Fat Jack's Tap Room, 317 E. Main. Local brewery
|Routes through Laurel|
|Bozeman ← Big Timber ←||W E||→ Billings → Buffalo|
|Yellowstone N.P. ← Red Lodge ←||W E||→ Billings → Belle Fourche|