London is located on the region's main north-south route, Interstate 75. The city has two exits—Kentucky Route 80 (Exit 41) to the north and Kentucky Route 192 (Exit 38) to the south.
The main route from the west is Kentucky 80, an effective extension of the Cumberland Parkway, a highway that is part of the state's parkway system of former toll roads. From the east, the main route is the Hal Rogers Parkway, another road in the parkway system that ends in London.
- 1 Levi Jackson Wilderness Road State Park, 998 Levi Jackson Mill Rd., ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A Kentucky state park created to showcase early pioneer life in the state. The park features a collection of 7 buildings is operated as an outdoor museum. The Mountain Life Museum is open Wednesday through Sunday during the operating season of April 1 through October 31. Besides the museum, the park offers picnicking facilities, an outdoor pool, a miniature golf course, and a campground that is open year round.
- 1 World Chicken Festival. A festival honoring Colonel Harland Sanders, the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken. It is held during the last full weekend of September.
- 2 The Battle of Camp Wildcat. A reenactment of the American Civil War battle that occurred on October 21, 1861 in Laurel County. The battle was the first between regular troops of both sides in Kentucky. The reenactment is usually held on the weekend closest to October 21.
- 1 Dairy Dart, 841 S Main St., ☏ . A local fast food restaurant known for their hot dogs and milkshakes.
- 2 Shiloh Steakhouse, 218 Russell Dyche Memorial Hwy, ☏ . A local steakhouse that is well known to regional travelers through the area.
- Weaver's Hot Dogs, 133 East 4th Street, ☏ . M-F 7:30AM-3PM, Sa 9AM-3PM. The oldest restaurant in London in a new location. Known for its chili dogs, this restaurant serves breakfast and lunch, soups, desserts.
London used to be a dry county but now allows sale of alcohol by the drink in larger restaurants (those seating at least 100) and packaged alcohol sales.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
- 1 Baymont Inn and Suites, 2075 Hwy 192 (I-75 exit 38), ☏ .
- 2 Microtel Inn and Suites, 1895 Highway 192 West (I-75 exit 38), ☏ .
- 3 Quality Inn, 400 GOP Street (I-75 exit 41), ☏ .
- 4 Comfort Suites, 1918 West Hwy. 192 (I-75 exit 38), ☏ .
- 5 Country Inn and Suites, 2035 West Highway 192 (I-75 exit 38), ☏ .
- 6 Hampton Inn, 200 Alamo Dr. (I-75 exit 41), ☏ .
- 7 Holiday Inn Express, 506 Minton Dr. (I-75 exit 38), ☏ .
- 8 [formerly dead link] Red Roof Inn, 110 Melcon Lane (I-75 exit 41), ☏ .
- 9 Budget Host Inn/Westgate RV Campground, 254 Russell Dyche Memorial Hwy. (I-75 exit 41), ☏ . The hotel has a 14-site RV park on the property. All sites have full hookups.
- 10 Levi Jackson Wilderness Road State Park, 998 Levi Jackson Mill Rd., ☏ . A campground with 136 sites featuring electric hook ups, shower houses, a grocery, and laundry facilities. Open year round. Reservations can be made up to one year in advance. There is a 2-night minimum stay on the weekends.
- Berea - Known for its arts and crafts scene, and home to Berea College
- Corbin - Birthplace of Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Richmond - Home of Eastern Kentucky University
- Cumberland Gap National Historical Park
- Cumberland Falls State Resort Park
- Daniel Boone National Forest
|Routes through London|
|Lexington ← Berea ←||N S||→ Corbin → Knoxville|
|Lexington ← Berea ←||N S||→ Corbin → Knoxville/Newport|
|Bowling Green ← Somerset ←||W E||→ Hazard → Cedarville|