Lewisburg, is in central Pennsylvania. It is a small town that is the county seat of Union County and the home of Bucknell University.
Lewisburg had a population of 5,700 in 2019.
The town is located approximately 1 hour north of the capital of Harrisburg, and about 30 minutes south of Williamsport. It is approximately 3 hours from Philadelphia, 4 hours from Pittsburgh, 3 hours from New York City, and 3½ hours from Washington DC.
- Packwood House Museum, 15 North Water Street, Lewisburg, ☏ . The Packwood House Museum was built as a log cabin at the end of the 17th century. It served as both a hotel and a tavern during the 1800s. 20th-century owners Edith and John Fetherston collected a vast array of early American artifacts, paintings, furniture, glasswork, Pennsylvania German crafts, and Oriental Art. The house is now a museum appreciated for its architecture and garden, and for its fascinating collection.
- Slifer House Museum, 80 Magnolia Drive, ☏ . Apr 15-Dec 15: Tu-Su 1-4PM,; Jan 1-Apr 14: Tu-F 1-4PM. The Slifer House was built during the Civil War and owned by Pennsylvania statesman Eli Slifer, who served as Secretary to the Commonwealth, among other positions. Adult $6, senior (60 years or more) $5, child ages 10-16 $3, member or child under age 10 free.
- Market Street, Market Street. Downtown street with numerous stores and boutiques. Books, art supplies, toys, flowers, candy, and many other stores.
- Brasserie Louis, 101 Market Street, ☏ . Su M 5-9PM, Tu-Sa 4-10PM.
- Elizabeth's An American Bistro, 412 Market Street, Lewisburg, ☏ . W-Sa 11:30AM-2PM, 5-9PM.
- Lewisburg Hotel Restaurant, 136 Market Street, Lewisburg, ☏ . Dinner hours: M-Sa 4PM-close, Su 11AM-close; bistro: M-Sa 11AM-close.
- Puirseil's Irish Pub, 15 South 6th Street, Lewisburg, ☏ .
- Siam Cafe, 512 Market Street, Lewisburg, ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-9PM. Thai cuisine
Pizza and subsEdit
- Pizza Phi, 316 MarketStreet, ☏ .
- La Casa House of Pizza, 524 Market Street, ☏ .
- Vennari's Pizza, 610 Market, ☏ . Free delivery from 11AM until closing.
- Bull Run Tap House, 605 Market Street, ☏ . M-Sa until 2AM, Su until midnight.
- Puirseil's Irish Pub, 15 South 6th Street, ☏ .
- Towne Tavern, 600 Market Street, ☏ .
- Lewisburg Hotel, 136 Market Street, ☏ .
|Routes through Lewisburg|
|Williamsport ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Shamokin Dam → Harrisburg|