Lincoln City is approximately 2 hours southwest of Portland. There are two ways to get to Lincoln City from Portland, both of which take approximately the same amount of time:
- Take I-5 south to Oregon 99W west in Tigard, then follow Oregon 18 west near McMinnville to its intersection with U.S. 101. OR
- Take I-5 south to Salem Parkway in Salem. In downtown Salem, take Oregon 22 west to Oregon 18 west at Willamina. Follow Oregon 18 to U.S. 101.
Central Lincoln City is about 5 miles south on U.S. 101 from the junction with Oregon 18.
Lincoln City is a fairly small town and very easy to find your way around by car, bicycle, public transportation or by foot or walk the length (north & south) along the beach at low tide. Much of Lincoln City is laid out in a grid, and fairly easy to navigate. The town is divided into quadrants. These quadrants are roughly divided by the 'D' River between north/south and Highway 101 between east/west (Logan Rd divides between east & west north of the 4100 block, north of town).
Lincoln County Transit (LINC) operates a regularly scheduled bus/shuttle service around town as the Lincoln City Loop and limited service down to Depoe Bay & Newport along US Hwy 101 on one route and to Otis and Rose Lodge along OR-Hwy 18 on another route. Bus routes are not numbered.
- 1 North Lincoln County Historical Museum, 4907 SW Hwy 101, ☏ .
- 2 Chinook Winds Casino, 1777 NW 44th St, toll-free: . Gamble some money and maybe win big. It has sports betting. As a tribal casino, this is a rare exception to Oregon's smoking ban in public places. While there is a non-smoking slots area, the smoke drifts in.
- Search for a glass float and register it with the Visitor Center. They are hidden on the beach (often near public access points) year-round, with extra floats dropped for many holidays and local events. For more on this intriguing project visit the Glass floats page.
- Fly a kite
- Visit the beach and relax
- Ride the waves
- Whale watch
- Seal watch
- Bird watch
- Antique shop
- Glass blowing
- Take a step back in time and catch a flick at the Bijou Theater or take in a movie at a modern movie theatre
- 3 Siletz Bay National Wildlife Refuge (Just S of Lincoln City on Hwy 101. Look for refuge sign and turn east onto Millport Slough Ln), ☏ . Daily, sunrise to sunset. Free.
- 1 Lincoln City Outlets, 1500 E Devils Lake Rd (SE of the intersection of Devils Lake Rd & Hwy 101), ☏ . Sundays 10AM to 6PM; Mon-Sat 10AM to 8PM. Closest thing to a "mall" in town with various brand name apparel stores (Under Armour, Nike, Columbia Sportsware, Old Navy, Levis Outlet etc) as well as a few restaurants (Momji Express & Snack City) and accessories stores (Claire's, Rue 21, Zales, etc)
- 2 Lincoln City Plaza, 4041 Logan Rd. Typical strip mall to include Safeway, Rite Aid, Jo Annes, and a few small stores in between.
- Taft neighborhood
- Nelscott neighborhood
- Delake neighborhood
- Side Door Cafe. Seafood, Steaks, Deserts, Salads, Deserts and More. Live Entertainment. Located in Gleneden Beach.
- The Bay House. Seafood - The bay house is a great restaurant for fine dining with excellent chefs and freshly caught seafood.
- Blackfish Cafe, 2733 NW Hwy 101, ☏ . Seafood platters– The Blackfish café is also another places for fine dining but is a little bit more expensive than the bay house, but makes up for it with a great location in the northern part of town within walking distance of the beach
- Fathoms (at Inn at Spanish Head), ☏ . For a spectacular view of the ocean as your enjoy excellent food. Reservations recommended.
- Kyllo's Seafood Grill, 1110 NW 1st Ct, ☏ . Its right on the beach with great sunsets and atmosphere. Get there early because they are always busy
- 1 Mo's Restaurant, 860 SW 51st St., ☏ . Mo’s is legendary for clam chowder and has the best view of the Siletz bay.
- 60s Cafe. Serves a great hamburger that many can't eat in one sitting
- Salishan Lodge and The Side Door Cafe. Fancy place at a high price
- LaRoca Tino Huesca & La Hacienda Flores. For some excellent Mexican cuisine. This restaurant is on the way to Depoe bay about ten minutes from Lincoln city just head south on Hwy 101
- Italian Riviera.
- Avanti Italian Cuisine.
- Aunt Mary's Toaster Bistro. Vegetarian
- Sun Garden Cafe. Indian and Nepalese foods as well as many American dishes
- Galluccis Pizzeria. Best pizza on the beach big parties welcome. Pizza Beer salad and chicken what else could you ask for. Also call for deliveries
- Maxwell's Restaurant & Lounge, NW 17th & HWY 101, ☏ . 8AM-2:30AM. Homestyle cooking with BIG servings and MODERATELY priced serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 8AM-11PM Su-Th and until 3AM on Friday & Saturday. Bar Menu and appetizers available. Pool, Darts, full service lottery and 10 TV's in the Lounge. Moderate.
- The Dory Cove, 2981 SW Hwy 101, ☏ . Known and loved by many for clam chowder that blows the doors off Mo's and outstanding fish and chips. Not fancy but always popular.
- Sweet Delights, 1500 SE East Devils Lake Rd, ☏ . 9AM-8PM. Famous for their Riptide Cheesy Caramel Corn they have over 32 flavors of taffy, an impressive variety of chocolates including Moonstruck Chocolates and a full Espresso Bar. Located in the Lincoln City Outlet Mall.
There are many pubs in Lincoln City:
- 1 Lighthouse Brewpub, 4157 N. Hwy. 101, ☏ . Su.-Th. 11AM-10PM; Fri.-Sat. 11AM-11PM. McMenamins pub where you can watch them brew the beer on site.
- Shucker's Oyster Bar. Good food and good beer
- Snug Harbor Tavern.
- Old Oregon Tavern. Classic and rustic feel
- 2 Roadhouse 101, 4649 SW Hwy 101, ☏ . The Roadhouse is a great bar for live classic rock music on the weekend. With the traditional policy of throwing your peanut shells on the floor this is a great bar for young and old.
- Maxwell’s (17th street and Hwy 101). This Restaurant & Lounge has karaoke 7 nights a week at 9PM with over 43,000 Titles and is open for food until 3AM Friday and Saturday. Restaurant open 8AM-11PM Su-Th.
- Chinook Winds. The bar at this casino is a great attraction for the younger crowd dancing and new age music DJ’s on the weekend.
- 3 Nelscott Café, 3237 SW Hwy 101, ☏ . M-F 9AM-2AM 8AM-4S&S. A small community cafe with a great menu. Serving breakfast and lunch all hours. Homemade food awaits in a clean, local atmosphere. Featuring Oat crusted French toast, hand pressed burgers with hand made buns. Scotch Eggs, Breakfast "Poppers", Buttermilk pancakes, Homemade soups, salads, pulled pork BBQ and more. Tables for 2-4 with a small loft area where larger groups (up to 10) can be accommodated. less than 10.
- Beach Dog Cafe, 1266 SW 50th #C (off Hwy 101), ☏ . 7AM-3:00. Breakfast and lunch menu, served all day. Everything from skillet style potatos with grilled onions and peppers, kielbasa sausage-and eggs, to potato latkes with apple compote and sour cream and fresh parsley, pork chop and eggs, biscuits and gravy, hot cakes and eggs, traditional style breakfast as well as vegetarian available, to name a "few". Be sure to check out the dog gallery on the walls- a dog lovers delight!
Hotels and MotelsEdit
- [formerly dead link] 'D' Sands Condominium Motel, 171 S.W. Highway 101, toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com.
- [dead link] Baywood Shores Bed and Breakfast, 1281 SW 63nd Av., toll-free: .
- Captain Cook Inn, 2626 NE Highway 101, toll-free: . Quiet and gracious.
- Ester Lee Motel, 3803 SW Hwy 101, toll-free: . Offering Ocean Front Suites and pet friendly cottages.
- Inn at Spanish Head, 4009 SW Hwy 101, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The only hotel in Oregon built directly on the beach, on the side of a cliff.
- 1 Inn at Wecoma, 2945 NW Highway 101, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. The Inn at Wecoma is in the northern section of the town that was once known as Wecoma.
- The Looking Glass Inn, 861 SW 51st Ave, toll-free: . Near the beach and located in the Historic Taft District.
- [dead link] The Nantucket Inn, 2735 NW Inlet Ave, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Palace Inn and Suites, 550 SE Highway 101, ☏ . Interested in a unique motel? View the carvings in front.
- 2 Surftides Hotel, 2945 NW Jetty Ave, toll-free: .
- Coho Oceanfront Lodge, 1635 NW Harbor Ave, ☏ . Pet-friendly, all oceanfront, newly-renovated.
- Horizon Rentals, 1225 SE 1st St., ☏ . Horizon Rentals offers Lincoln City vacation rentals on the Oregon Coast, including oceanfront, pet-friendly, oceanview, and lakefront rental homes and condos in Lincoln County and Tillamook County.
- Shorepine Vacation Rentals, 33105 Cape Kiwanda Drive Pacific City, ☏ . Shorepine Village offers fully furnished vacation rentals on the Oregon Coast. Each beach home includes gas or wood fireplaces, fully equipped kitchens, barbecues, bikes, deck furniture, full size washer/dryers and more. Accommodations range from 4 to 10 people, depending on the home. Miles of paved pathways lead to a unique wooden dune ramp, providing easy access to the beach and a wonderful vantage point for viewing breathtaking Pacific sunsets.
- Devil's Lake State Park.
- 3 Premier RV Resorts of Lincoln City, 4100 SE Highway 101 (South Lincoln City), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 1 pm, check-out: 11 am. This RV resort is on the hill across US 101 from the Inn at Spanish Head. Be sure to make a reservation because the park is highly occupied - especially during the summer. $40.00.
- Logan Road RV Park, 4800 NE Logan Rd., toll-free: . Check-in: Noon, check-out: 11:30AM.
- Take a drive south to Newport and visit Ripley's Believe It Or Not and the Oregon Coast Aquarium.
- Go climb the stairs in the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse and then go visit the nearby Coast Guard Station and check out their equipment.
- Go deep sea fishing or whale watching at nearby Depoe Bay.
- Visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory and sample some cheese curds and watch the cheese making process.
- Take a trip in time and go see the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville to visit the Spruce Goose, airplane of Howard Hughes.
- Visit the wine valley and sample some Oregon wines east of Lincoln City.
- Visit the dunes half an hour north in Pacific City. Ride quads, dirt bikes, or any other all terrain vehicle that you can fix up with some sand tires. Also go to the Pellican Pub with locally brewed beer and great food.
|Routes through Lincoln City|
|Tillamook ← Pacific City ←||N S||→ Depoe Bay → Newport|
|END Jct ← McMinnville ←||NE SW||→ Ends at (North of town)|