- For other places with the same name, see Huntingdon (disambiguation).
Huntingdon is a sleepy historic town in Cambridgeshire, England, on the banks of the River Ouse, best known as the birthplace of English Civil War leader Oliver Cromwell.
Off the A14 and A1 between Cambridge and Peterborough
1 Huntingdon station is served by regular First Capital Connect trains between London Kings Cross and Peterborough.
There is a very limited bus service in Huntingdon. It is highly recommended that you do not use it.
Most of the people who live in Huntingdon use a car to get around. It's easy to do this but be wary of rush-hour traffic around the ring-road, it's horrendous. There are some car parks.
There are a few bike lanes in Huntingdon, use them when you can to avoid bad traffic.
There are plenty of pavements and public footpaths, so you can easily walk around Huntingdon.
- 1 Cromwell Museum, Grammar School Walk, ☏ +44 1480 375830.
- 2 Houghton Mill, Houghton, near Huntingdon, PE28 2AZ, ☏ +44 1480 301494, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portholme (Portholme Meadow), Causeway, Godmanchester, Brampton, Huntingdon PE29 2HB.
- Norris Museum, 41 The Broadway, St. Ives PE27 5BX, ☏ +44 1480 497314. M-Sa: 10AM-4PM, Su: Closed. Museum dedicated to the history of Huntingdonshire.
- 1 Huntingdon Racecourse, ☏ +44 1480 453373.
- Cineworld, Tower Fields, Abbots Ripton Rd, Sapley, Huntingdon PE29 7EG, ☏ +44 330 333 4444. Multiplex cinema chain showing the latest international blockbusters in 2D and 3D formats.
- 1 Barney's Plaice, 22 High St, ☏ +44 1480 437775. Fish & chips.
- Pizza Express, 105 High Street, PE29 3LB, ☏ +44 1480 434446. 11:30AM-11PM. A chain of the pizza company that everyone has heard of. As per usual, they serve great food.
- 2 The Crown Inn, Bridge Rd, Broughton, ☏ +44 1487 824428. Village pub.
- 3 The Brampton Mill, Bromholme Ln, Brampton, ☏ +44 1480 459758. Good food, and real ales in old mill by the river.
- 4 [formerly dead link] The Darjeeling, 69 High St., ☏ +44 1480 411198.
- 5 [dead link] Hill Ephesus Restaurant, 6 Market Hill, Huntingdon PE29 3NR, ☏ +44 1480 716277. M-Sa 10AM-11PM, Su 11AM-9PM.
- Dough & Co, 5 Towerfields, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 7EG, ☏ +44 1480 759 585.
- The Old Bridge Hotel, 1 High Street, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 3TQ, ☏ +44 1480 424 300, email@example.com.
- The Falcon, 10 Market Hill, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 3NE, ☏ +44 1480 457416. With 18 Real Ales, 10 Real Ciders and 30 Fruit Wines and Meads on the main bar and prices starting at just £2.00 per pint this is the place to visit if you like a variety of ales.
- Market Inn, 10 Market Hill, Huntingdon, PE29 3NJ, ☏ +44 1480 431183.
- George Hotel. This pub near All Saints church serves food as well as good drink.
- 1 [dead link] Samuel Pepys Diaryrooms, 146 High St (near the Methodist church.), ☏ +44 1480 459708. This pub serves great food and drink.
- 1 [dead link] George Hotel, George St, ☏ +44 1480 432444. as much a piece of history
- 2 Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, Hinchingbrooke Business Park, Kingfisher Way, ☏ +44 1480 446000. Well equipped good sized suites available. Reasonable buffet English and continental breakfast. Free parking. Gym and pool.
- 3 Holiday Inn Huntingdon - Racecourse, Thrapston Rd, Brampton (next to racecourse), ☏ +44 1480 277277. Modern furnished rooms, some with a direct view of the race course. Good breakfast, free parking, safe in rooms. Bar lounge.
- 4 Old Bridge Hotel, 1 High Street PE29 3QT, ☏ +44 1480 424300. Quality rooms in an ivy-swathed Georgian house. Very good restaurant. Popular bar, wine shop and for cream teas. B&B double £150.
- Take a bus to the nearby historic cities of Cambridge or Ely
- Take a bus to the nearby historic fenland town of Ramsey (Cambridgeshire)
- Take the train to London
- Little Gidding, small village made famous by TS Eliot and Nicholas Ferrar.
|Routes through Huntingdon|
|Peterborough ← merges with ←||N S||→ St Neots → London|
|Birmingham ← Kettering ←||W E||→ Cambridge → Felixstowe|