Most comfort way to get in to Lumajang is by minibus (known in Indonesia as travel). You can depart from another big city such as Surabaya (4 to 6 hours), Denpasar (12 hours) and/ Malang (3 to 4 hours). Seats can be booked in advance through company offices.
PURNAMA ALAM Travel. Office: Jl. Kom. Yos Sudarso 1, Lumajang. Phone: +62 334 887388.
BALI PRIMA Travel. Office: Jl. Sastrodikoro 42, Lumajang. Phone: +62 334 894334.
CIPAGANTI Travel. Office: Jl. A. Yani 179, Lumajang. Phone: +62 334 6187676.
- Mandaragiri Semeru Agung. Hindu temple in sub-district Senduro.
- Semeru Mountain. Height 3.676 meters.
- Klakah. Small village with 3 lake (local: Ranu): Ranu Klakah, Ranu Pakis and Ranu Bedali.
- Piket Nol and Goa Tetes. Cave with 3 km length in Sidomulyo village, part of sub-district Pronojiwo.
- Bima Cave. Located at sub-district Pasirian.
- Tlepuk Beach, Bambang Beach and Watu Pecak Beach. In sub-district Pasirian.
- Manggisan Waterfall. 21 meters high, perfect for hiking activities. Located at Kandangan Village, part of sub-district Senduro.
- Kertowono Tea Plantation. Located at Gucialit Village.
- Bamboo Forest. 14 hectare bamboo forest. Located at Sumber Mujur Village, part of sub-district Candipuro.
- Swim and relax with water in Permandian Alam Selokambang Located at Purwosono Village, part of sub-district Sumbersuko.
Lumajang is famous for "pisang agung", arm size banana, commonly processed as kripik (chips) or eaten after steamed.
- Hotel Gajah Mada, Jl. PB Sudirman 46, ☏ . AC/Fan, Refrigerator, TV, Hot shower/Tub, Mini Bar. IDR 60.000-400.000 (US$ 6-40)
- Hotel Lumajang, Jl. A. Yani 301-303, ☏ . Hot shower, TV, AC, Mini bar. IDR 150.000-250.000 (US$ 15-25)
- Hotel Prima, Jl. Raya Soekarno Hatta 69, ☏ . Hot shower, TV, AC, Mini bar. IDR 1000.000-450.000 (US$ 10-45)