Lumsden is a town in the Qu'Appelle Valley in south central Saskatchewan, Canada, 30 minutes northwest of Regina, and functions as both a farming community and as an unofficial suburb of Regina. Lumsden has an active artistic community, which consists of many writers, painters and sculptors. Lumsden has an active artistic community.
Craven is a small village in the Qu'Appelle Valley about 10 minutes northeast of Lumsden, and is known its annual country music festival in mid-July.
Regina Beach is a town on the south end of Last Mountain Lake, about 20 minutes northwest of Lumsden and 50 minutes northwest of Regina. Due to its proximity to Regina and its lakeshore location, it becomes an active lakeside resort town in summer.
Lumsden is 30 km (19 mi) northwest of Regina on Highway 11, the main highway connecting Regina and Saskatoon. From Lumsden, Craven is 9 km (6 mi) to the northeast along Highway 20. Regina Beach is 25 km (16 mi) northwest of Lumsden by taking Highway 11 to Highway 54.
- Regina International Airport. The nearest commercial airport. It has four gates which handle flights to major centres in Canada via Air Canada and WestJet, as well as regular flights during the fall, winter and spring to Las Vegas, Phoenix and Orlando.
- Lumsden Historical Museum, 50 Qu'Appelle Dr W, Lumsden, ☏ . Jul and Aug: daily 10AM-4PM. Comprised of historic buildings from the community, this museum displays history of the Lumsden area. Museum grounds showcase early farm machinery.
- 1 Last Mountain House Provincial Historic Park (8 km (5.0 mi) NW of Craven on Hwy 20). Ruins of the 1869 Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) as a winter outpost.
- 1 Fenek Farms (20 km (12 mi) SE of Lumsden), ☏ . Fenek Farms is a working farm which features a petting zoo, hay rides and farm tours along with country bike tours and country picnics.
- 2 Happy Hollow Corn Maze (between Regina and Lumsden off Hwy 11 at Exit C), ☏ . Sep 8 to Oct 14: Sa Su 10AM-6PM. 15 acres and consisting of a variety of attractions, including a corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay wagon, cow train, pony rides, and petting farm.
- 3 Outer Edge Adventure Park, Lumsden, ☏ . Zip line park, year-round accommodation on park grounds.
- 4 Regina Beach Recreation Site, Regina Beach (end of Centre Street in Regina Beach), ☏ . One of southern Saskatchewan's most popular beaches, Regina Beach Recreation Site is on the shore of Last Mountain Lake. This site offers a beach area, playground, service centre, picnic area (briquettes only), beach volleyball courts, boat launch and a fish filleting building.
- 5 Valeport Marsh (Valeport Wildlife Management Area) (off Hwy 20 near Last Mountain House Historic Park). Tour the extensive wetlands of Valeport Marsh on the southeast side of Last Mountain Lake where migrating shorebirds can be seen. Walk along the mowed dyke-top trail and view the 900-acre wetland conservation project, or bring your canoe and paddle down the scenic Qu’Appelle River.
- Fourth and James Bakery, 375 James St, Lumsden, ☏ .
- Lumsden Hotel & Steak Pit, 30 2nd Avenue, Lumsden, ☏ .
- The Backyard Restaurant, 320 James Street, ☏ .
- 641 Grill (641 Grill & Motel), 2 Fraser Avenue, Craven, ☏ .
- Blue Bird Cafe, 108 Centre St, Regina Beach, ☏ .
- Papu's Restaurant, 399 Centre St, Regina Beach, ☏ .
- Regina Beach Yacht Club, 102 2nd Street E, Regina Beach, ☏ .
- The Ugly Mug, 105 Centre St, Regina Beach, ☏ .
Continue south on Highway 11 to Regina.
|Routes through Lumsden|
|Saskatoon ← Davidson ← Jct N S ←||N S||→ Regina → END|
|Humboldt ← Strasbourg ←||N S||→ END|