Marigot Bay is a city in the country of Saint Lucia.
If you are coming for the beaches, be prepared for something else. The roads are curvy and steep. You have to drive on the left side of the road. However, it is fun for the adventurous.
Saint Lucia has two airports,
- George FL Charles Airport (SLU IATA), which is near Castries.
- Hewanorra International (UVF IATA), which is near Vieux Fort.
- George FL Charles Airport is closer to many of the all-inclusive resorts, has a modest terminal and runway able to easily support inter-island commercial flights. Larger commercial aircraft can not land here.
- Hewanorra is larger, but can be an 1 hour by Taxi from most of the major resorts in the north. It is where most of the larger airline companies from the US and Europe land. The journey north is a good way to see the island except if you arrive at night. When driving to Marigot Bay, take the east coast road unless you have a reason to go on the west coast road. The west coast road seems shorter, but the time is much quicker on the east coast road.
- Taxis are available to and from most locations.
- Water taxis will take you to most places you want to visit also.
- If you are really brave you can use the taxi/bus stations along the road.
- Best bet is to rent a JEEP or vehicle with plenty of ground clearance. You will understand once you traverse the roads.
- Renting is at rates similar to those found in the United States or Canada. Driving is on the left-hand side and drivers require a permit ($12 US for one day, $21 US for 3 months).
-Fantastic views of the bay from the mountain side.
-The boats in the marina. There are usually a few yachts of famous people around.
Visit Castries market.
- The Black diamond falls has a garden and water fall. This is where a scene in "Superman" was filmed.
- The drive through volcano is a great sight. There is a sulfur mud bath that is good for the skin. View the hot bubbling sulfur mud pits.
- Experience the best view in Saint Lucia from the Ladera hotel. Stop in for a drink or grab a bite at the restaurant.
- The Mineral Springs - just south of Soufriere, these hot springs are one of the main attractions on the island. There is a pool that the hot water runs through, so make sure to take your swimming trunks and go for a dip!
Take a sail boat ride down to the Pitons. Snorkel along the way. http://www.sailsaintlucia.com/
Find a private beach by asking the locals for a good beach to go to. Be prepared to walk down a winding road.
Stop on the side of the road and take pictures of the fantastic view.