Masaka is in Central Uganda.
- It is 131 km from Masaka to Kampala and 136 km from Masaka to Mbarara.
- The Post Bus goes from Masaka to Kampala and from Masaka to Mbarare. Once per day.
- Bukakkata port is 39 km east of Masaka. You can get a ferry from Bukakkata port to the Ssese islands.
- From Masaka to Bukoba in Tanzania is 172 km from Bukoba you can take a ferry to Mwanza Tanzania.
- Stanbic Bank. Has a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
- Equity Bank. Has a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
- Plot 99 Coffee house.
- Tuwereza Bakery, Elgin Road. Great bread.
- Afrirhythm Backpackers Hostel, Nakongolero road, ☏ . Camping/single/double rooms. All rates include breakfast. $3/10/20.
- Hotel La Nova, ☏ . Single room. US$10.
- 1 Masaka Backpackers Tourists Cottage & Campsite, Gayaza, Bukoba Road (drive Bukoba Road (Kyotera) 5 km towards Tanzania from Masaka town, turn right and follow the dirt road for 400 m), ☏ (mobile), (mobile), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 24 hr, check-out: 24 hr. Hostel with dormitories and private ensuite rooms. Campground has shared showers and toilets. There is a restaurant, bar, and secure free parking. The owner has long experience with Western customers. From US$7.
- Shabart Motel, Hobart Street. Single/double. $12/16.
- Ten Tables Restaurant and Guest House. Single rooms. All rooms have own bathroom. From US$15.
- Vienna Guest House, Hobart Street, ☏ . single/double rooms. UD$7/9.
- Villa Katwe, Somero Road. Dorm bed. US$14 per person.