- There's a daily bus trips going to/from Manila to Masbate via Pilar port. from Pilar port to Manila it is ₱1150 one way for aircon buses and ₱850 one way for ordinary buses.
- Montenegro shipping lines bus/ferry/bus to/from Masbate to Cebu Province. The Montenegro shipping lines RORO ferry departs from Cataingan port 77 km south of Masbate city going to Bogo city on Cebu Island. The ferry departs Cataingan port every day at noon. the trip takes six hours.
- There is a RORO A/C bus which goes from the Montenegaro booking office in Masbate city port to Cebu City every day at 8:30AM. The fare is ₱800 to Cebu City and ₱700 to Bogo City.
Due to low demand, PAL Express, the regional, low-cost subsidiary of Philippine Airlines, no longer flies to Masbate.
The regional subsidiary of Cebu Pacific, Cebgo, flies to Masbate from Cebu and Manila.
- from Masbate city to Pilar in the province of Sorsogon. By Fastcraft or RORO Ferry, Montengro Shipping lines fastcraft takes 2½ hours. and the Montengro RORO ferry takes 4½ hours. the fare for the fastcraft is ₱396 + ₱15 port fee. For the RORO ferry the fare is ₱296 + ₱15 port fee from Pilar port gate there are vans going to/from Legazpi City (one hour) with a fare of ₱100.
- There is a ferry once a week from Masbate to/from Batangas in Luzon.
- From Masbate city to Cebu city Cokaliong Shipping lines, c/o First Choice Travel Agency Masbate port gate, tickets for sale Monday to Saturday 8AM-5PM. Cokaliong has a ferry to Cebu city once a week on Saturday at 7PM. Non-A/C fare: ₱750 each way. The tourist class A/C fare is ₱890 each way.
- From Mandaon port a ₱125 van ride. From Masbate city there are Pumpboats going to/from Roxas city.
Transport outside Masbate City is limited to tricycles for short distances and Vans and buses for longer distances which make stops at various points along the two-lane paved highway that runs from Masbate City to the western and southern points on the island.
- There is a bus/van terminal in Masbate city (next to the city market) with minivans and buses going to most places around Masbate Island. The van fare from Masbate City to Mandaon is ₱125.
- Bituon Beach is a small private beach south of the barangay of Mobo where guests can stay overnight in bungalows.
- Rodeo Masbateño is held annually.
- Magcaraguit island in Dimassalang, Masbate offers white sand beaches.
- Swimming with manta rays. Dive and swim with the manta rays in Ticao Island.
- Buntod Sandbar. A 10-minute boat ride from the city will take you to Buntod Sandbar, which vanishes during high tide.
- The Rodeo Masbateno is held annually every 2nd week of April. Unlike the US rodeo, the Philippine rodeo is more of a ranch practice in handling the cattle that was turned into a game. The events consist of casting down, carambola, steer roping, steer wrestling, bull riding, load carrying and whip cracking. There are two categories for participants: student and professional. Under each category, there are women’s and men’s divisions.
Malls & supermarketsEdit
- Gaisano Capital Mall Masbate, Cagba Street & Central Nautical Highway (400 m south of Masbate airport). 10AM-8PM. Has a Jolibee.
- LCC Department Store and Supermarket, Zurbito street (next to masbate port). 8AM-8PM.
- Novo Department Store, Quezon Street. 9AM-7PM.
- LCC Express Mart Supermarket, Quezon Street.. 8AM-9PM.
Banks & ATMsEdit
- PNB Bank, Quezon Street. 24-hour ATM. Visa Card ATM.
- MetroBank, Zurbito Street. 24-hour ATM. Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- Bank of the Philippine Islands, Quezon Street. 24-hour ATM. Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- Amperez Grill.
- Port Zirteas, Mabini St, Masbate City. Small resto with a homey ambience.
- G V hotel, Danao street, ☏ . Fan/AC double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. ₱550-750.
- Sampaguita Tourist Inn, Quezon street, ☏ . Very small no window fan and a/c rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. Has free Wifi. Single fan room ₱300; single air-con room ₱500..
- Ranchers Hotel, Tara Street, ☏ . Check-out: noon. f₱an double room. From ₱350.
- St Anthony Hotel, Quezon Street, ☏ . Check-out: noon. Fan single room with own bathroom. From ₱300.
- Victoria DuHotel, Tara Street, ☏ . Check-out: noon. Fan rooms. From ₱350.
- Balay Valencia Ibanez St Tel. No. 056 - 3336530 A quaint hotel in the middle of the city. Adequate rooms, aircon/non aircon, TV, free wifi connection, breakfast included, meals available upon request. Rate starts at ₱500 a night for a fan room up to ₱850 for an AC double. Room facing the street side might be a little noisy.
- Team Centrum SeaMens Hotel. 28 Danao Street, adequate but over priced rooms. Air-con, TV, no hot water ₱1000/night.
- Novo Hotel, Quezon Street, ☏ . Check-out: noon. AC double room with own bathroom and cable TV. from ₱900.
- Internet cafes. 8AM-9PM. ₱15 per hour.