Melrose is small city with a population of 30,000 (2020).
Get in edit
Stoneham is located on Interstate 93, north of Boston. Exit 34 on I93N brings you near Spot pond and is exit only. To get back onto 93N or 93S, you need to drive a little bit to Exit 36 which is the Montvale Ave exit. To re-enter 93N (only), an onramp near exit 34 is available. To re-enter 93S, an onramp near the Sheepfold reservation and Dog park.
Get around edit
- MBTA bus service includes the 131 and 136/137 routes in town, in addition to 3 commuter rail stations on the Haverhill line.
- MBTA Bus 132 starts at Red Stone Shopping Center. It connects to the Orange line at Oak Grove.
- Parking in Stoneham is plentiful and usually easy.
- Downtown parking lots are metered, but not after 6PM M-Sa, and not on Sunday.
- Sidewalks are easy access and the town seems to be building more regularly.
- 1 Middlesex Fells Reservation, 4 Woodland Road, ☏ . Over 2500 acres for hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, or cross-country skiing. Includes 340-acre Spot Pond which offers sailing, kayak, canoe and rowboat rental during the summer. Sailing lessons are available. Off-road biking on fire roads. Large open picnic areas and more.
Go next edit
|Routes through Stoneham|
|Manchester ← Woburn ←||N S||→ Medford → Boston|
|Lawrence ← Reading ←||N S||→ Medford → Boston|