Get in Edit
By boat Edit
Ferries from the mainland originate from Catawba Island and arrive at 1 Middle Bass Dock. During the summer, ferries operate several times per day. There are also some scheduled trips during the spring and fall, as weather allows.
Middle Bass may be reached by pleasure boats, but it lacks the fine natural harbor found at South Bass. A new marina with more than 300 slips is planned to open soon, and 50 slips are available at the State Park.
By plane Edit
Get around Edit
Given the small size of the island, Golf carts are popular as transportation. Cars are permitted on island roads, though speed limits are low. Bikes are a common means of transportation and the island can easily be walked as well.
- 1 Lonz Winery (near the ferry dock), ☏ . F Sa 8AM-8PM, Su-Th 8AM-4:30PM. The former winery is a castle-like structure which is now part of the State Park.
- 2 East Point Nature Preserve. Shore-front nature preserve. Accessible by kayak. There is a walking trail.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:14PM local time and lasts 3 minutes. The chances of a clear sky are 35%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
There are few scheduled activities on the small island.
- Aunt Erma's. Clothes and toys for the young. Also sells accessories
- 1 Middle Bass General Store.
Middle Bass Island is much less "touristy" than South Bass/Put-in-Bay, and has far fewer drinking establishments.
- 1 Middle Bass Island State Park Campground, 1719 Fox Rd. Offers 21 camping sites that are available by reservation only. Camp sites are available from May to October, depending on weather conditions. Each camping sites has a fire ring and a picnic table. Showers are available in the harbormaster building. Toilets, electricity, and potable water are not available on-site. It is also possible to dock a boat overnight here.
- 1 Middle Bass Post Office, 891 Fox Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .