Midway is a small city in the Bluegrass Region of Kentucky, located in the northern section of Woodford County half way between the cities of Lexington and Frankfort. It is home to Midway University, historically a small women's college which became fully coeducational in 2016.
- I-64 connects Midway with Lexington to the east and Louisville to the west.
- From Louisville: Take US I-64 East to KY-341 (Exit 65). Turn right on to KY-341. Then a slight right on US-421 N / US-62 W. Turn left on US-62 / Midway Road. Turn left on East Main Street.
- From Lexington: From Bluegrass Airport, Lexington Turn left at the light to exit the airport onto Man O' War Blvd 2. Turn right at the next light onto Versailles Road/US 60 3. Take the second exit right onto New Circle Road (North/West) 4. Once on New Circle take your second exit (Leestown Rd/US 421) 5. Turn left at the end of the exit ramp onto Leestown Rd 6. Follow this road for approximately 13 miles (there will be a highway sign directing left to Midway) Turn left on US-62. Turn Left on East Main Street.
- From Cincinnati: Take US I-75 South. Merge onto US I-64 (Exit 118). Take US I-64 West to KY-341 (Exit 65). Turn right on to KY-341. Then a slight right on US-421 N / US-62 W. Turn left on US-62 / Midway Road. Turn left on East Main Street.
- US 60 parallels I-64 most of its route through Kentucky.
Visitors can fly into the closer. smaller Blue Grass Airport (LEX IATA) , in Lexington, or flying into larger airports further away. Louisville International Airport (SDF IATA)  and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG IATA)  are further away from Midway, but are served by more airlines than Blue Grass Airport.
- Horse Farms – The Midway area has well-known horse farms including Parrish Hill Farm (birthplace of Derby Winner Charismatic), Airdrie Stud, Waterford Farm and Three Chimneys.
- Gravesite of Joseph Bryan Martin, first to train and ride famous racehorse Man o’ War, 258 W Stephens St (Section M)
- Cell Phone Walking Tour, ☏ . Get the walking tour map at City Hall then use your cell phone to hear information about stops by entering the appropriate audio stop number on your cell phone or enter zero to advance to the next stop.
- Equus Run Vineyards, 1280 Moores Mill Road, ☏ . Open 7 Days a week year-round. (Closed on July 4, Thansgiving, Christmas, New's Years Day) Summer Hours (April-Oct) are Mon - Sat 11am - 7 pm; Sun 1 - 5 pm. Winter Hours (Nov-March) are Mon - Sat 11am - 5 pm; Sun 1 - 5pm. Guided Tours Monday - Thursday 1:30 pm Friday & Saturday 1:30 pm and 4 pm. Take a self-guided tour or book a private showing and tasting of the winery. tours complimentary, tasting $5.
Main Street Railroad Historic District is the main business and shopping area of the city with shops in quaint restored buildings.
- Bistro La Belle Market + Cafe, 121 East Main Street Midway, Kentucky 40347, ☏ . Lunch: Mon – Sat: 11:00AM – 2:00PM Market: Mon – Sat: 11:00AM – 5:00PM.
- Darlin' Jeans Apple Cobbler Café, 204 North Gratz Street, ☏ . Lunch: Mon – Sat: 11:00AM – 2:00PM; Dinner: Wed – Sat: 5:00PM – 9:00PM.
- Grey Goose Restaurant, 133 East Main Street, ☏ .
- Heirloom Restaurant, 125 East Main, ☏ . Lunch: Tue – Sat: 11:30AM – 2:00PM Wine Tastings and Bar Menu: Tue – Sat: 3:00PM – 5:00PM Dinner: Tue – Sat: 5:30 – Close.
- Holly Hill Inn, 426 North Winter Street, ☏ . Lunch: Saturday: 11:00AM – 2:00PM Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:30PM – 10:00PM Sunday Brunch: 11:00AM – 2:00PM.
- [dead link] Le Marche & Café, 104 East Main Street Midway, KY 40347, ☏ . Mon – Sat: 10:00AM – 5:00PM Sunday: 11:00AM – 5:00PM.
- [dead link] 815 Prime, 131 East Main Street Midway, KY 40347, ☏ . Dinner: Tue – Thur 5 – 9 PM, Fri & Sat 5 – 9:30 PM.
- The Midway Whistlestop, 219 North Gratz Street Midway, KY 40347, ☏ . Mon – Thurs: 11:00AM – 8:00AM Friday: 11:00AM – 9:00PM Saturday: 4PM – 9PM; Sunday: closed Delivery: Mon – Sat: 5:00PM – 8:00PM.
- Wallace Station, 3854 Old Frankfort Pike Midway, KY 40347, ☏ . 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday; 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM: Monday & Friday Monday Chicken Dinner Nights Friday: Fish Fry.
- [dead link] Tavern 8:15, 131 East Main Street Midway, KY 40347, ☏ . Tavern: Mon – Sat 4:30 PM to close.
- Sayre Inn, 107-1/2 East Main Street Midway, KY 40347, ☏ .
- Village Inn, 108 East Main StreetMidway, KY 40347, ☏ .
- Gallery Suites, 121B East Main Street Midway, KY 40347, ☏ .
- Lexington is known as the Horse Capital of the World, and is home to hundreds of horse farms, Keenland Racetrack, and the Kentucky Horse Park. Lexington is also heavily influenced by the University of Kentucky, the state's flagship university.
- Louisville is Kentucky's largest city and is famous for—among other things—the Kentucky Derby and the Louisville Slugger Museum.
- Cincinnati, Ohio
|Routes through Midway|
|Louisville ← Frankfort ←||W E||→ Lexington → Charleston|