city in west-central Indiana, United States
Monticello is the county seat of White County in Northern Indiana.
Get in edit
Get around edit
It's easy enough to get around downtown by walking, but having a car is a good idea.
- Twin Lakes. Two lakes on the Tippecanoe River formed by hydroelectric dams, Lakes Shafer and Freeman are great for boating and fishing.
- Camp Buffalo, 9400 N. Boy Scout Rd., ☏ . The local Boy Scout camp is open for use by Scout-unaffiliated groups as well, featuring over 300 acres of natural beauty.
- 1 Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort, 5224 E. Indiana Beach Rd., ☏ . The only major amusement park in northern Indiana, Indiana Beach has quite a few rides, including the Steel Hawg, which for a while held the world record for steepest drop in a roller coaster.
- Lake Shore Drive-In, 100 Rickey Road, ☏ . There's not a lot of drive-in movie theaters anymore, but this one is so good, it makes you wonder why there's not more still around.
- Abe's Pizza, 207 N Main St, Monticello, IN, ☏ . A pizza place serving a wide variety of pizzas, including specialties like the cheeseburger pizza and taco pizza.
- Best Western Plus Brandywine Inn & Suites, 304 S 6th St, ☏ , toll-free: .
Go next edit
- Burnettsville to the east
- Logansport further to the east
- Reynolds to the west
- Delphi to the southeast
|Routes through Monticello|
|Peoria ← Kentland ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Logansport → Fort Wayne|
|Michigan City ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Zionsville → Indianapolis|