city in west-central Indiana, United States
Monticello is the county seat of White County in Northern Indiana.
It's easy enough to get around downtown by walking, but having a car is a good idea.
- Twin Lakes. Two lakes on the Tippecanoe River formed by hydroelectric dams, Lakes Shafer and Freeman are great for boating and fishing.
- Camp Buffalo, 9400 N. Boy Scout Rd., ☏ . The local Boy Scout camp is open for use by Scout-unaffiliated groups as well, featuring over 300 acres of natural beauty.
- 1 Indiana Beach, 5224 E. Indiana Beach Rd., ☏ . The only major amusement park in northern Indiana, Indiana Beach has quite a few rides, including the Steel Hawg, which for a while held the world record for steepest drop in a roller coaster.
- Lake Shore Drive-In, 100 Rickey Road, ☏ . There's not a lot of drive-in movie theaters anymore, but this one is so good, it makes you wonder why there's not more still around.
- 2 Indiana Beach Amusement Resort. - located in Monticello
- Abe's Pizza, 207 N Main St, Monticello, IN, ☏ . A pizza place serving a wide variety of pizzas, including specialties like the cheeseburger pizza and taco pizza.
- Best Western Brandywine Inn and Suites, 728 S 6th Street, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Burnettsville to the east
- Logansport further to the east
- Reynolds to the west
- Delphi to the southeast
|Routes through Monticello|
|Peoria ← Kentland ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Logansport → Fort Wayne|
|Michigan City ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Zionsville → Indianapolis|