- Mount Pleasant Visitor Center, 99 Harry M. Hallman, Jr. Blvd, toll-free: . Daily 9AM-5PM.
- Take US-17 North out of Charleston across the Ravenel Bridge.
- Or, take I-26 W out of Charleston to I-526 E
From Myrtle BeachEdit
- US-17 S from Myrtle Beach through Georgetown and to Mount Pleasant.
- Take I-26 E to I-526 E. (About 40 miles from I-95)
- 2 Boone Hall Plantation (From I-526, take exit 28 (Long Point Road) away from the port terminal. On the left after 2.1 miles.), ☏ . Tours of the grounds and plantation house, local events, and beautiful scenery.
- 3 Charles Pinckney National Historic Site, ☏ . This national historic site features a portion of the rice and indigo plantation of one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. It tells the story of a little known founder who helped write the Declaration of Independence, as well as the stories of enslaved people on his plantation. The visitor center is housed in an 1828 Lowcountry coastal cottage, but this was built after the farm was sold by the Pinckneys.
- 4 Patriot's Point (U.S. 17 N from Charleston, right onto Coleman Blvd. Right at first light.), toll-free: . 9AM-6:30PM. Tour the USS Yorktown, a decommissioned aircraft carrier, or one of the other ships or submarines at the park.
- Palmetto Islands County Park, 444 Needlerush Parkway, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 (I-526 exit 28, away from the port terminal approximately 1.5 miles on the left), ☏ . Offers a water park, large shaded meadows perfect for picnics, a dog playground, and plenty of trails for taking in the scenery. $1 per person park entrance, $8 for water park.
- Town Centre, 1600 Palmetto Grande Drive (Off of highway 17, long length of business on the right heading NE from the Ravanel Bridge.), ☏ . Town Centre has many upscale clothing stores, restaurants, and shops. It has a movie theater, the Palmetto Grande 16 Stadium Cinema. It is easy to walk around, with plenty sidewalks, and is suited more for pedestrians than cars. It has an Aussie Outfitters, Banana Republic, Barnes & Noble, Bed Bath & Beyond, Belk, J. Jill, Old Navy, and a TCBY, to name a few. Its restaurants include Burtons Grill, Grimaldi's Pizzeria, LongHorn Steakhouse, P.F. Changs China Bistro, and Qdoba(Mexican restaurant). The full list of stores is at 
- Sweetgrass Crafts, Highway 17 North of IOP Connector (take 17 North, stalls are along the road once you pass the connector). Sweetgrass weaving is a Gullah specialty and done by hand to produce a wide range of crafts from coasters to child-sized baskets. It's interesting to see the weaving process and it can be viewed for free wherever sweetgrass crafts are sold. The seller will typically be working on a craft wherever he or she is selling them. For the larger baskets, they will sit inside of it while weaving. Sweetgrass crafts are quite expensive. A small basket to hold coins or keys will cost between $70 and $150 depending on the intricacy and features such as handles. Larger baskets can cost upwards of $500. If you want more of a bargain or a little more selection, go to the roadside stalls on Highway 17 in between The Isle of Palms Connector and Park West. $1-1000.
Although nearby Charleston is more well known for its restaurants, Mount Pleasant has its fair share of great places to eat as well.
- Hubee D's, 624 Long Point Rd. Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 (Belle Hall Shopping Center). M-Sa 11AM-9PM, Su 11AM-8PM. Delicious fried chicken with great dipping sauces, sandwiches, salads, and beer. Fried banana pudding for dessert! $5-10.
Mt Pleasant features Shem Creek and several bar and grills side by side. Red's Icehouse, RB's, and Vickery's are the most popular.
- MainStay Suites, 400 Magrath Darby Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. This extended stay hotel has an outdoor pool, exercise room and offers free continental breakfast.
- Shem Creek Inn, 1401 Shrimp Boat Lane, toll-free: . Breathtaking views of Shem Creek highlight this boutique hotel 4 miles from Charleston. The hotel features an outdoor pool, complimentary continental breakfast, meeting rooms, restaurant, and wireless internet access.
|Routes through Mount Pleasant|
|Myrtle Beach ← Georgetown ←||N S||→ Charleston → Savannah|