Mt. Pleasant is in Central Utah. Settled the first time in 1852 when a few pioneers left Manti and settled on the Sanpitch River west of the present site of Mt. Pleasant. Due to problems with the Indians, the settlers left and went back to Ephraim, where they stayed until 1859 when they returned and settled the present site.
In the 1890s Mt. Pleasant could claim more liberal organizations and saloons than any other settlement in the county. In 1875 a Presbyterian minister came to town and started to teach school. This was the start of the Wasatch Academy, the oldest continually operating secondary school in Utah. The campus of Wasatch is today listed on the National Register of Historic Places, as is the Mt. Pleasant Main Street.
Mt. Pleasant is sometimes referred to as "Hub City" because of its near exact positioning in the center of the state.
To get to Mt. Pleasant from Salt Lake City, head south on I-15 and take Exit 261 at Spanish Fork. Then follow Highway 89 south to Mt. Pleasant. To get to Mt. Pleasant from the South, take I-70 Exit 56 at Salina and follow Highway 89 north.
- Relic House Museum, 150 South State, ☏ . Pioneer artifacts and photos of original pioneer settlers.
- Center Of Utah, 50 West, Main Street. There is a manhole cover on the north side of the street that many believe to be the exact geographic center of Utah. This is not exactly accurate, but close enough for most people.
- King's Outdoor World, toll-free: . Hunting & Outdoor Products.
- Windzup, ☏ . Power Kiting information and equipment.
- City Slickers, 66 South State St, ☏ . Sale of skateboard decks, snowboards, Ozone windkites and apparel.
- Evans Antiques, 845 South Highway 89, ☏ .
- Farmer's Country Floral and Gift, 57 West Main St, ☏ .
- Terrel`s Marketplace, 1050 South State St, ☏ .
- Roger's Dairy Freeze, 1 North State, ☏ .
- Sub Zero Ice Cream Shop, 970 S 200 W, ☏ .
- Wheelers Drive-In, 124 South State St, ☏ .
- Horseshoe Mountain Lodge, 850 South Highway 89, ☏ .
|Routes through Mount Pleasant|
|Salt Lake City ← Fairview ←||N S||→ Spring City → Richfield|