municipality of Germany
Check out event dates before visiting.
About 60 kilometres from Koblenz, from which ever direction it is a few kilometres along county road from the A1, A48 or A61.
There tend to be buses for big events.
- 1 Nürburgring race track. It was built in the 1920 around the village, and upgraded to Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1984. It is known as one of the most difficult racing tracks in the world.
- 2 Nürburg Castle. Medieval castle sitting on a volcanic basalt cone.
- RingWerk, Nürburgring Boulevard 1, ☏ . A museum with interactive attractions that focus on different aspects of the race track and its history.
- Nürburgring. Plenty of potential on no race days. You can drive your own car on the track, but at your own risk and your insurance will not cover you or your car. Tickets can be bought on site (about €30 for a lap on a weekend) and parking is available. Or get totally scared as co-pilot with a professional driver. Also a go-kart track in the centre of the circuit.
- Ring Shop, Nürburgring Boulevard 1, 53520 Nürburg, Germany. Near the Ring Werk, a shop with race related merchandise.
- Devil's Dinner. Burger bar at side of track
- 1 Dorint am Nuerburgring, Grand-Prix-Strecke, ☏ . At the racetrack. Some rooms have a really cool balcony looking on to the starting grid of the track. Rooms are booked well in advance and are not cheap on race days (invite some friends to share the price of the prime seats).
- 2 Hotel Am Tiergarten, Kirchweg 4, ☏ . With pizzeria.