Nador is a coastal town and the second largest city in the Oriental province of Morocco.
To the east, Nador lies adjacent to the largest saltwater lagoon, Mar Chica, in Morocco. And, to the north, it borders the Spanish exclave of Melilla. It is at the base of the Cabo Tres Forcas peninsula that extends into the Mediterranean.
A railway linking Nador to Taourirt was opened on 2 July 2009 by king Mohammed VI of Morocco as part of ONCF's rail projects. Previously, there was a connecting bus link from Taourirt, also operated by railway company ONCF.
In addition, several direct bus links operate between Nador and major Moroccan cities. Daily ferry services link Nador Port with Almeria in Spain and a weekly service to Sète in France.
Nador International Airport offers direct flights to Moroccan and European destinations, such as cities in France and Germany, and acts as a second airport for travellers to and from Melilla.
Nador international airport is located 25 km from Nador near El Aroui. Main airlines are Royal Air Maroc, Air Arabia Maroc and Ryanair with international flights to France, Spain, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands and domestic flights to Casablanca and Tangiers.
There is no bus to/from the airport, but many buses to fez and other destinations stop in Jbel Arouit (near Hotel Tenerife around 4 km from the airport). Bus cost (or saves you if you come from the south) is 10 mad (ctm). There are 2 or 3 hotels in Jbel Arouit if you depart early, but they are not that budget-friendly (200 mad).
Twice daily to Taourirt with connection to Fez, Casablanca, etc.
- gnv.it (Sete and Barcelona)
- trasmediterranea.es (Almeria)
- 1 Nador Big Mountain Gourgou (you can go north on N15 and then south on P6209). Lots of resident monkeys and a spectacular view of Nador and the Mediterranean. You can also supposedly ride horses and camels here. Lots of trash sadly.
- 2 Nador Corniche. stretches along the Mediterranean coastline in Nador. Photo opportunity in front of the I Love Nador sign.
- 1 Mar Chica Beach. little beach fronting Nador on Mar Chica.
- 2 Kariat Arekmane. on the actual Mediterranean.
- 3 Boucana. on the Mediterranean as well.
- 4 Charrana Beach. north of Melilla on Mediterranean
- 1 Mercure Rif Nador (فندق ميركور الريف الناظور), 1 Avenue Ibn Tachfine،, ☏ . A plushy resort on the shore of Mar Chica. Indoor and outdoor pools, spa, gym, restaurant, wifi. Dogs okay. DH 272.
- 2 Hotel Leonor, ☏ . Mountain resort near Mount Gourougou with free breakfast, restaurant, golf course. DH 107.
- 3 Hotel Le Mont Vert, Azro Hamar Gorogo P.O.Box: 30000, Zghanghan, ☏ . Another mountain-type resort with pool, spa, breakfast, bar, wifi. DH 125.