Nahariyya was founded in 1934 by German Jews fleeing Nazi oppression.
- 1 Nahariya railway station. This station forms the northern terminus of the coastal railway line with service to Haifa, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
Even though the city is rather small, its sights are spread widely. So, you might want to hire a taxi depending on where you will want to go.
- 1 Statue Park in Medatech, Derech HaAtsma'ut , Nahariya, ☏ . Su-F daylight hours. Dozens of statues by artists from around the country. Free.
- 2 Water Tower (Migdal HaMayim), 12 Jabotinsky St., ☏ . Su-Th 09:00-13:00 (and between 16:00-19:00 in addition on Tu and Th), Sa 10:00-14:00. One of Nahariya's symbols, it was established in 1936, 27-meter-tall tower that provided water to the city among other things. The lower floor has a small gallery with exchange exhibits by local artists. Free.
- 3 The Edge (HaKatze), 34 Lohamei HaGeta'ot St, Nahariya, ☏ . M Th 16:30-19:00, F 12:00-15:00, Sa 11:00-13:00. Local artists gallery with exchanged exhibits. Free.
- 4 Liberman House (Beit Liberman), Gdud 21 St. Nahariya, ☏ . Su Th 09:00-13:00, M W 16:00-19:00, F 09:00-12:00, Sa 10:00-14:00. Nahariya's museum that tells the story of the city through a permanent exhibit & archive.
- 5 Nahariya Zoo-Botanical Garden, 8 Ben Gaon St. Nahariya, ☏ . Su-Th 09:00-17:00, F 09:00-15:00, Sa 09:00-17:00. ₪15.
- Enjoy relaxing by the beach at the public beaches.
- 1 Nahariya Carriage Rides, 26 HaGaaton Blvd, ☏ . Jul Aug Sep. Take a carriage ride around Nahariya for a unique perspective of the city.
- 2 Nahariya Small City Train, 29 HaGaaton Blvd. Jul Aug Sep 17:00-22:00 (close on Fridays). mostly for kids/youth and families. kids ₪15, adults ₪10.
- 3 Dive/Sail Center - Putsker, 5 HaMa'apilim st., ☏ . Su-Th 08:00-19:00 ,F Sa 08:00-17:00. Sail from Nahariya to Akhziv Islands, Rosh Haniqra, and Acre. Dive shipwrecks, the Akhziv canyon, and Rosh Haniqra grottoes.
- 4 Dance Israeli Folk Dancing, Nahariya's boardwalk. Jul Aug Sep ,Sa 19:30 for kids,20:30 for adults. free.
- 5 Marina Sea Fishing, 5 HaMa'apilim st.. free.
- 6 Horse ride and cycling (Havat HaHayot), 2 Yitshak Sadeh, Nahariya, ☏ . Su Th 8:00-20:00, F 8:00-15:00, Sa 10:00-20:00.
- 7 Roller Skating Park, Nahariya's boardwalk. Over an area of approximately 18 acres, includes hockey court. Just make sure to bring your own skates. free.
- 8 August Music Festival, Nahariya's boardwalk. Aug. For the whole month, free concerts with the popular Israeli singers/bands. free.
- 9 Fun Park (Gil Lekol Gil), HaAliya st. Nahariya (End of the road , North). Jul Aug Sa Holidays 10:00-22:00. For small children till age 8. free.
- 1 Pinguin Restaurant, Hagaaton Boulevard. An institution in Nahariya, Pinguin has been run by the same family since it opened in 1940. Seating is outside in front, where the entrance is flanked by two person-sized penguin sculptures, or inside the restaurant. Pleasant atmosphere. Pizza, Italian entrees, toasted sandwiches, sandwiches, meat entrees. Pinguin also has a catering garden, which can be rented for special occasions. inexpensive to moderate.
- 2 Banahala, 17 Yitzhak sadeh, ☏ . M-Sa 10:00 - 24:00. ₪60-120.
- 1 The B.K. PUB, 2 HaGaaton Blvd. Nahariya, ☏ . Nahariya's oldest pub, since 1981, with rock music in the background.
- 2 [dead link] Avalon, Nahariya's North Industrial Area, ☏ . Th F Sa 23:00-03:00. Mega dance bar with special events.
- 3 The Cow (HaPara) (In Shavei Tzion, just south of Nahariya). Pub with live Israeli concerts usually on Saturdays and Thursdays at 21:30
- 1 [dead link] Carlton Nahariya Hotel, Gaaton Blvd. 23 (downtown), ☏ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. ₪480.
- 2 Madison Hotel Nahariya, Hameysdim St. Formerly Plaza Nahariya. On the waterfront.
- 3 Hotel Frank, 4, Haalia St, ☏ . A family hotel, offering a clean, welcoming atmosphere. In quiet surroundings a few steps from the beach and the Town Center. ~₪400.
- 4 Hotel Erna, 29 Jabotinsky St, ☏ . Founded in 1960 as a traditional family inn, Hotel Erna later became well known as one of the best small hotels in the northern seashore of Israel.
- Rosh Haniqra – A dazzlingly white coastal rock cliff formation on the northernmost point on the Mediterranean shore of Israel.
- Haifa – The second-holiest city in the Bahai faith, including its great garden down the northern slope of the city.
- Nazareth – The largest Arab city in Israel and best known as the home of Joseph and Mary.
- Tiberias – A large Israeli town in the east and great starting point for the Sea of Galilee and Golan Heights.
|Routes through Nahariyya|
|END ← Rosh Haniqra ←||N S||→ Akko → Haifa|
|END ←||S||→ Akko → Haifa, Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion International Airport|