Neepawa is an agricultural service centre located in the aspen parkland of the Manitoba Escarpment. Although Neepawa is part of the prairies, the area to the north is heavily forested parkland. The economy of Neepawa and the region is strongly dependent on agriculture. The rolling fields in the area support many types of crops and livestock operations. More prominently, growers in Neepawa produce a diverse variety of lilies and Neepawa proclaims itself the "Lily capital of the world".
Get in edit
By car edit
By bus edit
Get around edit
The town itself is walkable, but you'll need a private automobile to explore the area attractions.
- 1 Beautiful Plains Museum, 91 Hamilton Street W (historic CNR station), ☏ . Open from Victoria Day to Labour Day. May-June: M-F 9AM-5PM; July-August: M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa Su 1-5PM. by donation.
- 2 Margaret Laurence House, 312 1st Avenue, ☏ , , firstname.lastname@example.org. May long weekend-Sept long weekend: Daily 10AM-5PM. Margaret Laurence, an internationally renowned author, was born and raised in Neepawa, which provided the setting for five later novels set in the fictional prairie town of Manawaka. Laurence lived in her grandfather's house from 1935 to 1944. Built c. 1894, the house, and her grandfather John Simpson, figured prominently in the Manawaka novels. It was designated a Manitoba Provincial Heritage Site in 1987.
- 3 The Lily Nook (4 km (2.5 mi) south of Neepawa on PTH 5), ☏ , email@example.com. Visit in July to view over 1500 named varieties with peak bloom being the third week in July. Over 150 varieties of potted lilies are available at this time.
- 1 Neepawa Golf & Country Club, 369 Broadway Avenue, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Langford Winter Park (Langford - Neepawa Winter Park) (7 km E of Neepawa on PTH 16), Neepski@gmail.com. There are 10K for classic cross-country skiing (with 5K double tracked) and 2.5K for skate skiing. There is also a warming cabin along the trail, toboggan hill, and 7K of snowshoeing trails. The trails are well sheltered, passing through the woods on flat or gently rolling terrain.
Neepawa's main business district is located along Mountain Avenue, which offers some small shops and services.
- Farmery Estate Brewery, email@example.com. Craft brewery that uses locally produced hops, barley, and rye.
Located 25 minutes east of Neepawa on the Yellowhead Highway (PTH 16).
Go next edit
|Routes through Neepawa|
|Yorkton ← Minnedosa ←||W E||→ Portage la Prairie → Winnipeg|
|Dauphin ← Ste. Rose du Lac ←||N S||→ Carberry → Rocklake|