Neu-Isenburg is a city in Hesse that borders directly in the north to Frankfurt. The city is regionally known for it's proximity to the Frankfurt airport, it's shopping mall and some nicer garden restaurants.
Neu-Isenburg has almost 36,400 inhabitants and was a sleeping town until the industry took advantage of the good location and the proximity to the airport. Nowadays it us a very multicultural city with many people that live only temporarily in town. It still has a nice old town center, but the city is spread out and after the business hours it is calm, except for the noise caused by the planes taking off and landing at Frankfurt airport.
Neu-Isenburg is very well connected and has entries/exits to the Autobahns A3, A5 and A661 plus the federal street B43 (shortcut to the airport). In the morning and evening rush hour most Autobahns are congested so plan additional time if you travel to Frankfurt or to the trade fair. There is a direct bus to/from the airport (Bus 651 from Airport Terminal 1) that leaves twice per hour and the railway is well connected to the Frankfurt and Darmstadt main stations. There are trains to Wiesbaden and Offenbach, but you have to change trains in Frankfurt main station.
Neu-Isenburg is part of the RMV and therefore connected to the public transport system of the greater Frankfurt area and most of south and east Hesse. Within the center you can easily walk, or taxis are available in front of the Hugenottenhalle and the railway station. Keep in mind that the public transport almost stops early in the evening, so if you intend to go around after 8PM check the schedules or have a bike. Trains to Frankfurt an Darmstadt generally are available until midnight.
- Zeppelin Museum (Airship Museum).
- Isenburg Zentrum, Frankfurter Straße (Hermesstraße 4 for navi) (city center). A modern-looking shopping mall that has only recently been partly under renovation for a new brighter impression.
Neu-Isenburg has a huge variety of restaurants due to the large numbers of business travellers and non-German population.
There are dozens of food stalls in the Neu-Isenburg Zentrum Mall that offer cheap food over lunch time.
- Maharaja Palace, Frankfurter Straße 72, ☎ . Indian budget restaurant that also offers delivery services
- Thong Thai delivery service (email@example.com), Frankfurter Straße 233 (Neu-Isenburg Zentrum). 11:30AM-02:25PM & 5PM-9:25PM. Good Thai delivery service. Very popular during lunch time
- China Imbiss Jade, Frankfurter Str. 163, ☎ . Budget take away and/or delivery Chinese restaurant just across the street of Neu-Isenburg Zentrum
- Restaurant Tonino, Frankfurter Straße 152 (in the Hugenottenhalle), ☎ . Italian restaurant next to Isenburg Center. Popular for business lunch. In the evening well booked for bigger groups
- Naturfreundehaus Neu-Isenburg, Neuhöferstraße 55, ☎ . 11AM-3PM & 5PM-midnight. Traditional German restaurant with terrace
- Neuer Hafenkasten, Frankfurter Str. 118 (close to city center), ☎ . 11:30AM-3PM & 6PM-midnight. Gourmet Italian restaurant right in the center that is popular for business travellers. Reservation for dinner necessary
- Alter Haferkasten, Löwengasse 23 (old town place), ☎ . Excellent Italian restaurant close to the old town place
Neu-Isenburg is a small town. If you are interested in parties etc., go to Frankfurt which is 10-20 minutes away.
- rincon Tapas Bar, Frankfurter Straße 184, ☎ . One of the longest established bars in the city center.
- Balladins Superior hotel Isabella, Herzogstraße 61-63 (close to Neu-Isenburg Zentrum), ☎ . Budget business traveller and package tourist hotel with 225 rooms on 19 floors. Also crews from budget consicious airlines stay here.
- Friendly Cityhotel, Carl-Ulrich-Straße 161 (close to the industrial zone), ☎ . Three star hotel with location right next to the industrial zone and close to the railway station
- Mercure, Frankfurter Str. 190 (city center), ☎ . Modern four star hotel that is mostly occupied by business travellers from the surrounding companies and early bird fliers from the airport
- Holiday Inn Neu-Isenburg, Wernher-von-Braun-Str. 12 (close to A661 exit NI), ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Standard chain hotel for early flights to the airport and has a direct transfer to the trade fair
- Hotel Wessinger, Alicestraße 2, ☎ . Family run hotel with charming rooms and nice breakfast. Close to the airport
- Hotel Kempinski, Graf-zu-Isenburg-und-Büdingen-Platz 1, ☎ . Best hotel in town but old fashion style
There are many phone/call shops along Frankfurter Str. for long-distance calls that partially also have some internet terminals. Ownership often changes, so look for clean shops.