New Carlisle was established in 1810 and certified as an Ohio city in 1973. The downtown area is a historic area, and was built back in 1810.
- Dayton International Airport Terminal Rd., Dayton
New Carlisle is about a 20-minute drive from Dayton Airport.
The downtown area is best navigated on foot. As there are no hotels in central New Carlisle, a car is recommended to get to a hotel. There are no buses.
- Wot-A-Dog Drive-In, 603 South Main St., ☏ . Wot-A-Dog Drive-In is just outside of downtown New Carlisle. They are known for their hamburgers and root beer. They are only open March to September.
- Studebaker's Country Restaurant, 416 North Main St., ☏ . Studebaker's is in downtown New Carlisle, best known for their broasted chicken and large menu selection.
- Tom's Deli and Carry-Out, 2389 Milton Carlisle Road, ☏ . Offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Wings, pizza, and burgers are the main menu items. Also has a bar.
- New Carlisle Public Library, 111 E Lake Ave, ☏ .