North Attleborough is a town in Massachusetts with a population of 31,000 (2020). It is often written as "North Attleboro". A small subdivision of Attleboro, this town includes North Attleborough Center and Attleboro Falls.
Plainville is a town with a population of 10,000 (2020).
Get in edit
By car edit
North Attleborough has exits from two interstates: I-95 and I-295 Northbound.
Also, Route 1 runs straight through it as Washington Street.
By train edit
There is an MBTA Train station in nearby South Attleboro adjacent to Route 1A 
Get around edit
By bus edit
- GATRA (Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Transit Authority), 10 Oak Street, ☏ , (TTD), toll-free: . Varies, 7AM-7PM daily. GATRA central offers about a half-dozen or so routes stitching together North and South Attleborough with Plainville and points between. The routes join various bus stations and parking lots with town centers, and will require some planning to make use of. One bus per hour from 6AM-6PM. $1.50, Day pass: $4, 10-day ride pass: $13, free transfers.
- Cinema Pub, 652 E Washington St, ☏ . W-Su 1-9PM. If you want to condense the two-step process of dinner and a show, the Cinema Pub provides such an experience. The movies are second run, and there are a lot less screens. Each theater has plenty of space between tables, with big leather swivel chairs seating patrons, and the far wall is all screen. The menu combines the best of a pub’s bar and a theater’s snack bar, in addition to a modest beer and wine selection. Movies $8-12, Dinner $15-20.
- North Bowl Lanes, 71 East Washington St, ☏ . M-Th noon-midnight, F Sa noon-1AM, Su 9AM-midnight. An extensive arcade in addition to 40 lanes, and the establishment’s restaurant All Star Pub will bring out the kid in you. Parties, cosmic bowling and bowling leagues, karoke and Texas hold 'em are offered as well. 1 hour $50, 2 hours $80. Discounts for singles and off-peak times.
- 1 Plainridge Park Casino, 301 Washington St. (Plainville), ☏ . Harness racing, slots, and electronic table games
- Showcase Cinema North Attleborough, 640 South Washington St, toll-free: . This is a sizeable new-release theatre with 12 screens which surround a huge lobby and snack kiosk. The facilities are pretty well-maintained, however it lacks stadium seating. The arcade is very small. Isn’t the type theater that does special movie events, except the occasional kids’ month. $17, $14 student/children/seniors/military/matinee.
North Attleborough’s Route 1 is home to a plethora of chain retail stores, both in and independent of the many strip malls and one traditional mall.
- Emerald Square Mall, 999 South Washington St, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-8PM, Su 11AM-6PM. Preceding the stretch of strip malls on South Washington Street, this 3-story structure houses over a hundred and twenty specialty stores and three multi-level department stores: Macy’s, Sears and JCPenny. You’ll find mall staples like Spencer’s, Radio Shack, Hot Topic and Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, along with a comic collector’s store, a solid food court selection, and a respectably sized and varied arcade. The floor design is incredibly straightforward, as is the free parking, which there is plenty of, even during the holiday shopping season. Also, you may encounter fashion shows, concerts and other events during your shopping.
- North Attleboro Market Place, 1250 South Washington St. M-Sa 9AM-9PM, Su noon-6PM. Another hub of North Attleboro’s retail center with a wide expanse of parking, home to Lowe’s, Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath and Beyond, DSW, and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- Havana Cafe, 329 North Washington St, ☏ . noon-7PM Th-Su. Awesome authentic Cuban food! Try the plantains.
- A & J Family Restaurant, 560 Kelley Blvd, ☏ . Th-Tu 6AM-2PM. There are lines out the door for the huge plate-sized pancakes, and the omelettes are just as big.
- Box Seats, 500 East Washington St, ☏ . 11AM-10PM daily. A tidy sports-themed establishment that doesn't pull any punches, for better or for worse. Complimentary soup and bread sticks to accompany the solid quality of food. $20-30.
- Quan's Kitchen, 652 East Washington St, ☏ . noon-9:30PM daily. Serving traditional and Americanized Chinese dishes, also sushi. $20-35.
- KC's Classic Burger Bar, 625 E Washington, ☏ . noon-9PM daily. Classic and creative burgers with a "retro" 1950s era theme.
- Habibi's Middle Eastern Kitchen, 11 S Washington Street, ☏ . 11AM-8:30PM daily. Lebanese style kebabs, kaftas, shawarmas and wraps.
- Table At 10, 10 N Washington Street, ☏ . Th-Sa. Casual sit-down Italian lunches and dinner service. Featuring tablecloths and a exposed brick and chalk wall vibe. $20-30.
- Los Antojitos Restaurant & Bar, 45 N Washington Street, ☏ . Tu-Sa noon-9:30PM. Good quality, family friendly Mexican restaurant. Full bar featuring a variety of margaritas and over 100 brands of tequila & mezcal.
There is a stretch of motels along Route 1.
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 164 Washington St (Plainville), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Outdoor pool, fitness center, and hot breakfast included. No pets or smoking.
- Knights Inn, 787 South Washington St, ☏ .
- Pineapple Inn, 633 South Washington St, ☏ . Bare essentials motel, probably not the best choice unless you're just crashing for a night.
Go next edit
|Routes through North Attleborough|
|Ends at ← Attleboro ←||N S||→ Cumberland → Warwick|
|Boston ← Plainville ←||N S||→ Attleboro → Providence|