region of Spain
Northern Spain is in Spain.
Villages and towns rich in architectural history picturesquely extending on the hillsides and in the valleys in the midst of the barren, mountainous countryside.
|Basque Country |
One of the world's top culinary destinations, popular for its beaches and verdant scenery.
|La Rioja |
Popular for its gastronomy and well known internationally for the Rioja wine.
Dramatic geography from the Pyrenees mountain range to the plains of the Ebro river valley in the south.
- 1 Bilbao — perhaps the best place in the world to experience the ancient culture and language of the Basque people
- 2 Guernica — a thriving commercial town with several museums
- 3 Logroño — the centre of the La Rioja wine industry
- 4 Pamplona — home of the legendary "Running of the Bulls"
- 5 San Sebastian — offers one of the best in-city beaches in Europe
- 6 Vitoria-Gasteiz — it has some of the best preserved medieval streets and plazas in the region and hosts many festivals
- 7 Zaragoza — a city with a large cultural and architectural heritage attesting to 2,000 years of affluence and importance