Northern Spain is in Spain.
Villages and towns rich in architectural history picturesquely extending on the hillsides and in the valleys in the midst of the barren, mountainous countryside.
|Basque Country |
One of the world's top culinary destinations, popular for its beaches and verdant scenery.
|La Rioja |
Popular for its gastronomy and well known internationally for the Rioja wine.
Dramatic geography from the Pyrenees mountain range to the plains of the Ebro river valley in the south.
- 1 Bilbao — perhaps the best place in the world to experience the ancient culture and language of the Basque people
- 2 Guernica — a thriving commercial town with several museums
- 3 Logroño — the centre of the La Rioja wine industry
- 4 Pamplona — home of the legendary "Running of the Bulls"
- 5 San Sebastian — offers one of the best in-city beaches in Europe
- 6 Vitoria-Gasteiz — it has some of the best preserved medieval streets and plazas in the region and hosts many festivals
- 7 Zaragoza — a city with a large cultural and architectural heritage attesting to 2,000 years of affluence and importance