The palace once under the rulers of Kayamkulam during the times of Marthanda Varma became a part of Travancore kingdom.
The town lies on the highway NH-47 and lies 100 kilometers north of Trivandrum.
Oachira has a small railway station for regional trains. Express trains stop at Kayamkulam from where it is 10 kilometres by road on the southern side of NH-47.
- 1 Oachira railway station.
- Prabrahma Temple. Very old temple.
- Kettukazhcha. Visit during festival times which is March and April.
- Oachira Kali.
- Thazhava (near Oachira). Of archaeological interest.
Local handicrafts and merchandise.
- Vethalan Kavu Mahadeva Temple (Malayalam: വേതാളൻ കാവ് മഹാദേവ ക്ഷേത്രം) is located at Krishnapuram near Kayamkulam in Alappuzha District, Kerala. It is one of the rarest temples in the world where Lord Siva is worshiped as Vethala. It is about 3 km East of famous Oachira Parabrahma temple.