city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Oberhausen is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- 1 Oberhausen Hauptbahnhof. While this station is served by some long distance trains, you will most likely have to change trains in Duisburg which is about 6 minutes away by train.
- 1 Gasometer Oberhausen (Next to the CentrO), ✉ email@example.com. the largest disc-type gas holder in Europe which is now an anchor point of the European Route of Industrial Heritage - hosts varying exhibitions aimed at the general public (often including light and sound installations). An panoramic elevator inside the Gasometer can be used to travel to a floor level below the roof. From there, a stairway on the outside leads to three panoramic platforms mounted on the Gasometer's roof (Note for disabled persons: Ask the staff for using the other elevator on the outside of the Gasometer, which directly leads to one of the platforms).
- Sea Life Centre (Neue Mitte). former home of the late Paul the oracle octopus
- 2 MWO Modellbahnwelt Oberhausen (Neue Mitte). a large H0 model railway installation depicting the Ruhrgebiet at its industrial zenith between 1965-1970.
- LVR-Industriemuseum (Museum of Industrial Heritage), Hansastraße 20. Tue-Sun: 10-17.00. Presents an overview of heavy industry at the Ruhr. Including two distinct sites: Altenberg zink factory and St Antony steel mill.
- 3 . 460-metre long stress ribbon bridge which also is a landscape sculpture; its spirals and wild colours allude to the popular children's toy "Slinky". At night it is illuminated by LED fields in 16 colours.
- Neue Mitte ("new center") (accessible by car via Autobahn A42 exit "OB-Osterfeld/Neue Mitte", by bus/tram stop "Neue Mitte" or by boat via Rhein-Herne-Kanal at the "Heinz-Schleußer-Marina"). The main element of the Neue Mitte area is the CentrO complex which includes a shopping mall, a children's theme park and a promenade with restaurants and pubs.
- Tree2Tree (at the Gasometer). High rope course
- 1 Metronom musical theatre.
- 2 Theater Oberhausen.
- 1 Zur Bauernstube, Lothringer Straße 162, ☏ .
- 2 In Hostel Veritas, Essener Straße 259, ☏ .
- 3 NH Oberhausen, Düppelstraße 2, ☏ .
- 4 Residenz, Hermann-Albertz-Straße 69, ☏ .
- 5 Tryp, Centroallee 280.
- 6 Zum Eisenhammer, Zum Eisenhammer 8, ☏ .