Oil City is the largest city in Venango County in the Erie Region of Pennsylvania.
Oil City grew large once oil was struck in Titusville. If was ffounded in 1860 on the site of a Seneca Indian village. It burgeoned as an oilcentre after the drilling of the world's first oil well (in 1859) at Titusville, about 16 miles up Oil Creek. Incorporated as a borough in 1862, it became a city in 1871 after merging with Venango City.
- 1 Oil Creek State Park, 305 State Park Rd.
- Samuel Justus Recreation Trail.
- Oil City Marina. The 7-acre Oil City Marina is one of only three public access points to the Allegheny River in Venango County. The Marina provides a boat launch, picnic area, fishing, access to the Justus Trail (part of the Erie to Pittsburgh Trail), parking, and public restrooms. The City is undergoing a process to improve the Marina to provide additional amenities and features to benefit residents and visitors.
- The National Transit Building.
- 1 Venango Museum of Art, Science and Industry, 270 Seneca St, ☏ .
- Hasson Park. Hasson Park is 48 acres of open and forested land containing many activities for the public. Hiking trials wind through the park amid a collection of rare rhododendron which are abundant with blooming color in the spring. A playground is located centrally and pavilions are available for picnics and parties. Immediately adjacent to Hasson Park is the public swimming pool, DekHockey rink, Skate Park, and ball fields.
- Arts in the Park:. Friday evening concerts July through August.
- Oil Heritage Festival (OHF), Oil City. July. Car show, artisan & fine crafts fair, children's events, concerts, parade and fireworks.
- Oil City Indie Music Festival.
- Pipeline Alley Concerts. mid-day concerts in Pipeline Alley every Wednesday at noon throughout the summer.
- The Cranberry Mall (Oil City Mall), 6945 US Route 322, Cranberry Township. Movie theatre and 60 stores.
- Oil City Antique Warehouse.
- The Attic, 407 E 2nd St, ☏ .
- Agway, 550 North Seneca Street.
- Aqua World, 17 Main Street.
- Buyers Fair, 358 North Seneca Street.
- Harbor Freight.
- Aarons Appliances.
- Walmart Supercenter.
- Bath & Body Works.
- famoores Family Restaurant, 18 East First Street, Oil City Pa 16301, ☏ .
- Karma Coffee Company, 237 Seneca Street Oil City Pa 16301, ☏ .
- Northside Eatery, 219 Seneca Street, ☏ .
- Yellow Dog Lantern Restaurant, 218 Elm St, ☏ . $$$$.
- The Taco Shack, 222 Center Street.
- Casey's Restaurant and Lounge, 630 North Seneca Street.
- Villa Italia, 904 East 2nd Street, ☏ . Convenience-store chain offering drinks & food, including pizza, sandwiches & baked goods.
- Pizza Hut.
- Double Play Sports Bar.
- Valley Dairy, 80 Regina Drive. $.
- Bob Evans, 27 Kimberly Lane.
- Hoss's Sea & Steak House, 2432 PA-257.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Oil City Conference Center (Arlington Hotel), 1 Seneca St, ☏ .
|Routes through Oil City|
|Youngstown ← Franklin ←||W E||→ Warren → Buffalo|
|Erie ← Titusville ←||N S||→ Franklin → Pittsburgh|